loving and 'liking'

hi! i'm a bit confused, for context i've been reading a lot of romance online recently, and i've found that in allo relationships its common for there to be this 'waiting period' inbetween starting a relationship and being able to say 'i love you'. i was always under the impression that 'liking' and 'loving' someone was the same thing? also, it's considered weird if you can openly express your feelings and say 'i love you' to your partner if you haven't been with them for too long.

whats the difference between 'liking' someone and loving someone, you still do the same things, hugging, kissing etc (maybe) but suddenly having that 'i love you' changes everything and makes the relationship more official? 

why is there such a big meaning behind this word? whats so scary about saying it? i really dont understand, can anyone explain?  thanks! (^^)

• Like 2

I guess "like" vs. "love" is how alloromantics belatedly communicate that this relationship is now seriously, seriously meant to be exclusive. For whatever reason most can't state it clearly and unambiguously at the right time.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DeltaV said:

I guess "like" vs. "love" is how alloromantics belatedly communicate that this relationship is now seriously, seriously meant to be exclusive. For whatever reason most can't state it clearly and unambiguously at the right time.

the lack of communication allos seem to have baffles me

• Like 2