Finding FWB help

Joey

So, something that I've been struggling with for a while. I'm poly, aro, and have a (ace) QPP. I really don't want to have a romantic relationship, but I'm not ace, and very much want to have a FWB.

What is your advice for approaching that with people? I'd only really want to have sex with someone that I already know somewhat, but I definitely find complete strangers attractive. I don't think that going up to people and saying "hey, want to hang out for a bit and see if we'd make good friends, and then perhaps proceed to being FWB? here's my number" would go over well, lmao. On the other hand, by the time I'm friends with someone, it feels really awkward and terrifying to tell them that you're sexually attracted to them? Basically, please send help, I have no idea what I'm doing.

For some social context, I'm 19 and going to college in a fairly queer-friendly city and campus. I hope this makes sense, thanks!