cupioromantic ?

felicatas_

Question

Hi ôヮô

I´m really new to these things and this term but i want to find more information about myself. I´m at the point of my life where i´m really confused about relationships and everything about love and so on. When i look back at my past relationships I never was in love for real it was just squish ? I wanted to get to know that person better but once that person told me he likes me i immediately thought i liked them back becouse i had fun with them and so on. I wanted to be in relationship and took that opportunity, but as you could thought the relationship never lasted long and i always felt so wrong for decieving the person i thought i loved. I first thoight i was aro but that doesnt makes sense to me now because  want to have relationship like i dont hate the idea of being in relationship , but when im in it i start to feel bad and uncomfortable. I´m just not sure anymore about who I´m. 

I would really like to hear your opinions and thank you for reading this. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Guest My own experience

Hi! I've been experiencing the relatively the same thing as you. I like the idea of being a relationship and really want to be in one, but when it come to talking to someone I feel it for a day and then it just goes away or i just don't feel anything at all. I was looking online and found the word "cupioromantic". Which basically means that a cupioromantic wants a romantic relationship but doesn't experience romance. I feel like i could also be lithromantic which means I can feel romantic attraction, but that attraction fades if it is reciprocated. Honestly this is all based on my own experience that I'm having trouble with. It crushes me to think that Im not able to feel something that I really want. But I hope this helped you and you get to discover who you are.

Yep, what you've said describes me to a T.  I've been questioning if I'm aro or not, because I think I want a romantic relationship, but whenever my partners have gotten romantic, it always drives me away.  I can't explain it.  I'd be really good friends with someone, and one day they would ask me out (this has been the trend with pretty much every one of my relationships)  I would always say yes, but then immediately after we started dating, my partner would begin acting different- I guess they would start acting "romantic," and whenever it got to that point, I would feel incredibly uncomfortable and look for any excuse to stay away.  When they told me they loved me, I would lie an say I loved them too.  I did care about them, since we were friends, and I just kind of figured that's what love was?  But it became clear they were experiencing something different than I was, something more intense.  I felt pressured to give romantic lovey dovey responses that I didn't feel, and that made me feel both guilty and repulsed by the relationship.

Yeah, I've broken up with everyone I've ever dated.  I feel like a jerk for it now, but at the time I didn't understand what was going on with me (I still don't).  The guilt would just snowball until I had to pull the escape lever.  Every time I told myself the person just hadn't been the "right one," but now I wonder if it's possible for me to "fall in love." 

It'd be really cool if I could just marry my best friend.

• Like 2

im the same i never got heartbroken bc they broke up with me, i got heartbroken bc they did it over phone.but now im dating a wonderfull person and our relationship is emotional.at first i thought i was demiromantic and just havnt had a strong enough bond. but now i realize cupiosexual. so i sit wathing romantic anime while i cuddle my friends. cuddles to me were never romantic it was just somthing i do with my friends. on outube we should do a Q&A of cupio romantic.

people ask: how does it feel to want a romantic relationship and not experiance romance

me:how does it feel that youre mom wont buy you that toy that you want