Differing shades of gray in the grayromantic flag?

Here is the grayromantic flag that I usually see used:

image.png.6af959b3c6fd64eb15cb16eae348dbec.png

However, recently on Tumblr, I've seen another version popping up - it's the same one but the gray is darker and the green is lighter:

useless-slytherclaw

(This was seen in a pride icons post by useless-slytherclaw, which prompted me to make the post after seeing the alternate flag in a few places)

I'm not sure if this is just a mistake in shading by some people, or an actual alternate grayro flag, but it'd be interesting to hear your thoughts and which one you prefer! 

I get that, I identify as grayro ad well as demiro and I'm really not a huge fan of the grayro flag either (I think it's something about the shade of green?). I've been seeking out an alternative flag but have only managed to find one that looked like a recolored bi flag and didn't differ much from the original, so idk. It is somewhat interesting to see variations however. 

After some searching, here's the other ones I've found:

This one: greyromantic flag | Tumblr

This one:NEW PROPOSED GRAY-AROMANTIC FLAG This flag was based off of the new aro flag… opinions?

And this one: ask-pride-color-schemes

And while they're all good I'm not a big fan of how light colored they are. It may just be me, but it somewhat gives off this impression that grayromanticism is just Aromantic Lite, which is not really something I feel comfortable with, though others may feel differently.

1 hour ago, pigeonhead said:

And while they're all good I'm not a big fan of how light colored they are. It may just be me, but it somewhat gives off this impression that grayromanticism is just Aromantic Lite, which is not really something I feel comfortable with, though others may feel differently.

I'm not sure which direction you mean that, but in light of this I'll add -- it's also appropriate to use the cameronwhimsy aro community flag.

tumblr_inline_p7yv2gqJlj1r6zvuu_500.png

In the design creator's post about it (continued from here), the first two stripes are explained as representing, quote, "the aro-spectrum (and aromanticism itself represented by green because green belongs to us now hell yeah). this covers every identity under the aro umbrella - demi, grey, lith/akoi, wtf/quoiro, cupio etc. EVERYTHING. even ones that don’t have names yet." End quote. In fact, this is why some anti-grey folks have sometimes objected to this design -- because it is intended to encompass greyromantics.

• Like 2

On 6/13/2020 at 8:32 PM, pigeonhead said:

simple gray is for gray(a)sexuality. The next natural choice, green just with less saturation, gives it the "light" feeling. If darkness is increased, it's getting close to "military" green.

imho if you play around with only desaturated green shades, and black/white/gray, it's difficult to make it not look dull or washed-out.

flag.png.3f73c3d5791cb7bfa3c1a5cd9bc6a2e8.png
(not to be meant as a flag!! Yes, there is a tiny amount of red O.o in the last stripe to make it a bit move lively)