NW England/Liverpool meet ups

I organised an A-spec social group in Liverpool and the surrounding areas for aros and aces and I just thought I'd start a thread here just in case anyone can get to Liverpool, UK relatively easily. 

Summary of upcoming events July - August 2019:

Regular Tuesday evening meet (aiming at fortnightly but please double check with me) at the Egg cafe, Liverpool. Next meet Tuesday 9th July 7pm.

Sugar and Dice Board Game Cafe, Liverpool, Saturday 13th July 2pm (please rsvp ASAP as I'll be booking a table in the next day or so).

Sugar and Dice Board Game Cafe, Liverpool, Sunday 11th August 2pm (please rsvp by end of July for booking numbers)

Egg Cafe, Liverpool Saturday 24th August 2pm.

Any problems on the day: 07594607252

Note: Tomorrow's Egg meet is cancelled due to low numbers. The next Tues evening meet is same time, 23rd July.

* A social group for all a-spec persons in Liverpool and the surrounding areas.

We're looking for diverse a-spec volunteers to join the organising team to help direct the group as a diverse a-spec presence in Liverpool and surrounding areas.*

• 3 weeks later...

THE NEXT TUESDAY EVENING AT THE EGG CAFE: 20 AUGUST 2019, 7PM

Our regular Tuesday evening a-spec meet at Egg Cafe, 7pm. Unfortunately it's a bit later in the month than I originally wanted, but with holidays and other commitments this is the first Tuesday evening available. As usual, if you need to contact me on the day the number is 07594607252. I will keep you updated where we are in the cafe on the night.

OUR NEXT MEET: SUGAR AND DICE BOARD GAME CAFE SUNDAY 11 AUGUST, 2PM. Please RSVP ASAP for numbers thanks.

Later on in the month:

SATURDAY 24TH AUGUST, 2PM, Egg Cafe

SATURDAY 31ST AUGUST, 12.30PM Manchester Day trip with Manchester AVEN. I am planning on travelling from Liverpool Lime Street to get into Manchester Piccadilly circa 12.30. I'm not the actual organiser and there's a post here specific to it. If you could RSVP so I can let the organiser know thanks. I'll let you know nearer the date what train I'll be getting if you'd like to join me at Liverpool Lime Street earlier (or just make your own way there)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've finally got my head around my October diary ?:

Saturday October 12th 2pm at Egg Cafe

Tuesday October 29th 7pm at Egg Cafe.

I am hoping to schedule the next Sugar and Dice meet in November, though details tbc.

As usual my number on the day is 07594607252

Hope to see some of you there, Lianne 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, 

Tomorrow's Egg meet is cancelled due to low numbers. I will try a different day of the week and reschedule. If you have a suggestion for a particular evening please let me know as we can try it!

And a polite reminder to rsvp for Sugar and Dice on Sunday 10th November asap so I can book an appropriately sized table.

Thanks!

Lianne ?

• 2 weeks later...

Not to derail, but I think this is funny:

I live in the Boston MA, USA area, which we call "New England". And I have dyslexia, so I read things.... oddly sometimes...

So every time I see this thread, I see "New England meetup" and get excited...

No action is requested on your part or anything... I just thought it was funny that after multiple months, I **STILL** make this mistake... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/12/2019 at 3:49 PM, LBMango said:

Not to derail, but I think this is funny:

I live in the Boston MA, USA area, which we call "New England". And I have dyslexia, so I read things.... oddly sometimes...

So every time I see this thread, I see "New England meetup" and get excited...

No action is requested on your part or anything... I just thought it was funny that after multiple months, I **STILL** make this mistake... 

Sorry! North West England it stands for!!

On 11/12/2019 at 1:37 PM, DogObsessedLianne said:

Next meets:

Saturday 30th November 1:30pm at the Egg Cafe, Liverpool

Sunday 8th December 2pm at Sugar and Dice. Please rsvp by end of November so I can book a suitably sized table. Thanks ?

Any problems on the day my number is 07594607252

This is only a suggestion for those who feel able to do so, and no pressure on anyone who at present can't: Some of you might be aware of the costs of running a Meet-Up group (this group would not run without the Meet-Up platform). The latest bill was £90 / 6 month period. The exchange rate has not helped matters. Now, I've always had the attitude that I refuse to charge at the expense of putting people off joining or attending (you will notice that other Meet-Up groups have official charges for joining and/or RSVPing to events). I've always prefered to encourage people to get together (that is the purpose of Meet Up in my eyes) and not put up any barriers to anyone. This is why I'm only suggesting a voluntary contribution of £1 per attended meet (but feel free to be flexible for your own needs with this) towards the meetup organiser subscription costs (in person or contact me directly otherwise). I am also a volunteer who is an unemployed student, so any support would be greatly appreciated. But I stress there is no compulsory requirement.

Next meets:

Saturday 30th November 1:30pm at the Egg Cafe, Liverpool

Sunday 8th December 2pm at Sugar and Dice. Please rsvp by end of November so I can book a suitably sized table. Thanks ?

Any problems on the day my number is 07594607252

Sorry, I've had to rearrange the Egg meet to Saturday 14th December instead of 30th November due to unforeseen family stuff. Maybe it can be our Xmas meet! Xmas jumpers recommended but by no means compulsory!

Please remember to RSVP for the Sugar and Dice meet on Sunday 8th December, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

This has been cancelled due to low numbers. At the moment Saturday 14th is still on and will access the numbers next week. 

• 1 month later...

Next meet: Saturday 18th January 2020, 2pm, Egg Cafe

Our usual Saturday social at the Egg Cafe. There is a suggested voluntary contribution towards the costs of Meet-Up of £1 to be paid on the day in person. As always, my number on the day is 07594607252 if there are any problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday Social
Saturday 18th January 2020 2pm
Meeting at Egg Cafe, Liverpool for our regular social.
As usual any problems on the day my number is 07594607252.

Games Afternoon
Sunday 9th February 2020, 2pm
Sugar and Dice Board Game Cafe in Liverpool. Please RSVP by end of January for booking numbers. Any problems on the day 07594607252.

Saturday Social
Saturday 29th February 2020, 2pm
Meeting at Egg Cafe, Liverpool for our regular social.
As usual any problems on the day my number is 07594607252.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/11/2020 at 8:43 PM, DogObsessedLianne said:

Games Afternoon
Sunday 9th February 2020, 2pm
Sugar and Dice Board Game Cafe in Liverpool. Please RSVP by end of January for booking numbers. Any problems on the day 07594607252.

Important notice: I'm rearranging the meeting today due to disruptive weather. Please accept my apologies for the late notice. L1 will be atrocious and there's serious travel disruptions.

• 1 month later...

Further to today's government advice on avoiding all unnecessary social contact especially group gatherings, with a heavy heart I'm cancelling the meets until further notice. I apologise for any inconvenience caused by this and please know that we are here to support you virtually at any time, and I also strongly encourage the use of both the WhatsApp group and the Facebook group for aro and ace support during this time. If anyone would like a video group meet I'm more than happy to schedule that. As always, if you have any suggestions on ways we can virtually support each other please comment about it. This is due to the government advice of avoiding all unnecessary social group gatherings, which I'm sure you understand and I encourage everyone to abide by the best they are able. Hopefully we'll be back up and running soon, but I guess it'll be May at best.

For further information:
aroacesocial@yahoo.com
www.aroacesocial.weebly.com

Please stay safe and well, and as I said, if we can support each other virtually please contact us.

Regards, 

Lianne

• Thanks 2