honeybug

i'm questioning my romantic orientation, could somebody give me some advice?

Question

heya, so i'm in a bit of a pickle: ever since grade 1, (i'm in the further part of middle school) i've never had a crush. everybody my age seems to have at least one, and i can just never relate to that. even when i was in kindergarden, the most that happened was that i thought kids were cute or nice, but i've never had the childish desire to, for example, "marry them". i don't mind holding hands or anything but kissing always sounded kinda gross to me. i thought i was homoromantic (i'm ace) and relationships sound, fun i guess, but i've never fallen in love or was able to even if i've had people have crushes on me.

help?

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

@honeybug It does sound like you could be aro. You may be young, but that doesn't invalidate your feelings. You can identify as aro, if you want, and change it later, based on if your feelings change in time. Do what's best for you.

• Like 3

I agree with what @The Angel of Eternity said. Me being fourteen y/o, I understand that it can be hard to be sure. Personally, I know that I'm aro, but I'm still open to the possibility that I could catch feelings for someone. Because it's true that I might be a late bloomer, but that's just a chance and I don't want it to define my romantic orientation.

As far as wanting a romantic relationship, I think there are a lot of "romantic" things you could do with a friend or QPP, just without the romantic feelings. For example, when I want to hold someone's hand or go to a school dance with someone, I can do those things with my best friend.

I hope my response helped 🙂💚💜