Aromantic Books

Hey all!

I work at a bookstore, and we're going to do a display of books on aromanticism or with aro representation for ASAW this year. I'd love some suggestions of books to put out - I have a lot of ideas for fiction, though I welcome more, so I'd particularly like any non-fiction or poetry you can think of about aromanticism, amatanormativity, or other related topics. Thanks so much for your help!

-Isabel

• Like 4

I know of three books that are nonfiction, two of them I own, but haven't read yet one of them I found searching on the internet but that one doesn't have very good reviews,

the first one is Minimizing Marriage by Elizabeth Brake, she's the person who coined the word amatonormativity and this book talks about that. i have this book but i only read a few pages so I can't really give a review, but this book is legit. The second book I have is called Singled Out by Bella DePaulo. While this book isn't about aromanticism its about "how singles are stereotyped, stigmatized, and ignored, and still live happily ever after" it just says that on the cover. I have only read a few pages of this ont too but i know some other people who have read it and they said it was good, this one relates to aromanticism because many aromantic people are single/ want to be single. The third book is an autobiography its called The Love and Sex Life of an Aromantic Asexual, by Laurel Federbush, its really short though, 42 pages other than the one review I don't know much about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1