IDEK IF I'M ARO ANYMORE

Guest Anonymous

Question

Guest Anonymous

I've identified as aro for about a year, and I felt amazing with the label and had no doubts... until now. Rewind to about six months ago, when I met this girl, we'll call her cyan. Anyways, I immediately started getting nervous and flustered around her, because I really liked her. I thought it was a squish at first, and maybe it still is, but I started getting random romantic thoughts about her. They only lasted about five seconds, and then I'd be like "what the heck was that I don't wanna date cyan". I really don't want to date her at all, I just wanna be really good friends, but these thoughts are confusing me. I really don't want to date her or anyone at all, and I take no pleasure in these thoughts, they just disgust me. I don't voluntarily think these, they just... happen. I've chalked it up to three different things this could be because of.

1. I'm orchidromantic. Orchidromantic is an identity that's basically feeling romantic attraction but not actually wanting to date the person you're attracted to (or anyone). I think this one's one of the most likely, but I still feel like the attraction I'm feeling is very platonic.

2. I'm feeling internalized amatonormativity (I THINK IT MIGHT BE THIS ONE)

3. I'm in denial and I'm not aro (I really, really don't think it's this because I feel very aro but it's a possibility so I had to consider it) 

What do you guys think?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet