None of my friends will celebrate my 18th bday

Guest anon

Question

Guest anon

I want to celebrate my 18th but my best friends seem to not be available for it. It annoys me because it’s so important to me.

I really don’t want to celebrate my 18th on my own.
Their reasons for not coming are so silly. Like one says she can’t come because her brother is visiting, mind you he is visiting for over 7 WEEKS. It’s not even the day he returns and he visits every holiday he gets bc he’s at uni, he sometimes even comes home at weekends. 

I always message all of them first and they hardly ever come to any of my plans. They say we are best friends though - and they are really nice genuine people. It’s not like I’ve done anything wrong either.

I really don’t know what I’m supposed to do. I’ve expressed my upset at the situation and asked if there was any other reasons why they wouldn’t. I’ve asked if they would celebrate it another time but they brush it off with, “maybe sometime in the summer” — this is many many months after my bday and is a very non-committal response that makes me think they will not be planning to do anything in the summer.

I have no other friends. Is there anything I can even do? Should I just suck it up and carry on as normal? I feel very lonely, but I am surrounded by people.

Sorry if this comes across as whiny — I get that there are bigger issues in the world. I’d just appreciate any advice if anyone has any.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet