romantic vs platonic love (+ scenario)

Guest Anonymous

Question

woah i haven't posted in a really long time.

i've been doing a lot of thinking lately and I know that a lot of people, including myself have had this discussion of the difference of romantic and platonic love.  And at first I thought it was so easy because i never had romantic feelings.  But now I'm not so sure.

I know this person, call them B and for a long time I think my feelings for them were platonic(and maybe they still are). But other people have been saying that we practically are a romantic relationship, minus kissing or common physical gestures of intimacy.  So it makes me wonder what feelings I have for them. I can't really tell.  I care about them more than all my other friends but I don't know the differences in how we act.  I think about them often and we have often said that we are "soulmates" as in we get each other in a way no one else does.

All definitions I have found for the difference between romantic and platonic love feel off.  They either bring in sex or physical affection, but I know that romantic relationships don't need either of those, and platonic relationships like QPR's are.  So I really want to see if there are some concrete differences between the two or if different ways of expressing love.  I think it would help give me closure on what I feel for B.  

thank you so much for reading and I would love any help!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet