i think i might be aromantic?

Guest robin

Guest robin

tbf i’ve felt like i might be for a long ass time like i remember wondering the same thing  way back when i was 14/15 

it’s just super confusing !!!! cuz like i realised that every “crush” i had only really developed when someone else showed interest in me first if that makes sense ? like i felt like “oh because this person likes me i guess i should like them back” and u know it feels nice having people be nice to u

the crushes that didn’t develop that way were either really short lived or i later realised that i just wanted to be close to them platonically?? and like every relationship i’ve gotten into it really didn’t feel right doing anything romantic idk…

i will say that cuddles and kisses and stuff DO appeal to me but not in a “that’s what i want with someone for the rest of my life” way or a “i want to be dating them” way… it’s the same with sexual attraction, i would LIKE that but not with the same person. forever.

i just have a hard time in general understanding what a crush is anyway i don’t get it which probably says a lot LMAO

and also like i kinda feel… bad? i know i shouldn’t but i feel like i have kinda accidentally led people on before thinking “oh yeah i wanna be close to this person that must mean it’s a crush right?” only to end up in a relationship and realising i had no interest in them

i DO want to be close to people i just don’t wanna date. i don’t want to be in romantic scenarios every day (seems exhausting if u ask me)

i also may be in denial a little bit. obviously there’s nothing wrong with being aromantic but i do wish i could be in a relationship at times that i COULD relate to people romantically, i just can’t. i’ll imagine scenarios where that happens but then in reality i’m just not into it. it’s like i enjoy the idea of it in a way. idk its hard to explain! thanks for reading though !

When you reciprocated a crush, did that crush last for a while? I know recipromantic is a term some people use. Also, have you heard of relationship anarchy before? It might be appealing to you!

Guest robin
On 6/8/2022 at 3:23 AM, arotr said:

When you reciprocated a crush, did that crush last for a while? I know recipromantic is a term some people use. Also, have you heard of relationship anarchy before? It might be appealing to you!

it didn’t no, pretty much as soon as we both “confessed” i guess i immediately  felt like “oh. actually i don’t think this is what i want.” and it just faded even more from there :/ i’ll check that out !