How many aros exist?

timo0815

12 hours ago, Mark said:

Take out the romantic element and it's "hanging out" with someone, possibly doing romantic coded things.
Certainly the term "friend's date" exists so probably "QP date" should.

Yeah I always say my friends and I are having a 'movie-date' etc, I don't know whether that's because I lack the ability to conceptualise what a romantic date is, or just because it's an agreed plan to do something fun/specific with someone you care about. I mean, toddlers have play-dates.

On 05/05/2017 at 10:25 PM, Holmbo said:

Me and a friend from college moved to the same town and when we started hanging out we found out we're both aro.

I think the biggest problem for finding aro's is really that it's very hard to tell. So you might have met several already IRL but you don't know.

We need some sort of gang sign..

On 05/05/2017 at 10:25 PM, Holmbo said:

I think the biggest problem for finding aro's is really that it's very hard to tell. So you might have met several already IRL but you don't know.

I suspect that an "arodar" would be as ineffective as a gaydar.

7 hours ago, Mark said:

I suspect that an "arodar" would be as ineffective as a gaydar.

Maybe we could decide some kind of culture thing that is aro and try to spread it around to other aros. Like a specific kind of music genre could be our music. Or some tv serie maybe.

I can tell you I usually feel like less than 1% of the population as far as my orientation is concerned :rofl:

That being said, I think there are probably more people who are aro than anyone realizes. Many probably go their entire lives not knowing about it. 

• 4 months later...

Archived