Before I start, I'm gonna apologise for any mistakes in English that i'll certainly make during this presentation. But well, as a certain Doctor says : 'Allons-y !'

I've been struggling with my 'lack' of any romantics feelings since I have been able to understand what whas 'Love' and so on. And when you've been arleady seen as a weirdo pretty much all your life, imagine my delightful reaction when I became aware that there was an other thing that keep me away from a 'normal person'.

Sooo I did, what I think was the best : I just bottled up those toughts and I put it in a corner of my brain and swear to never bring this subject back with anyone, especially me.

Long story short, after some dating, I couldn't lie to me anymore and I've embraced the aromantic spectrum :D.

I'm not disgusted by love, I just don't feel anything more than respect and tenderness for my partner, not to mention the sexual/physical attraction.

I'm not particulary fond of shouting my sexuality or my romantic orientation every time I met a new person, unless they ask me about it... But pretty much all of the persons I care about are totally okay about it and very accepting and sweet.

That was much more diffcult for my parents to understand (the usual : it's a phase, there's something wrong with me, You didn't meet the right person yet... yada yada), but well, I can understand their point of view and how it can be difficult to understand as the majority population is alloromantic.

I've pretty much come to this forum accidentally, but I couldn't let pass this change to exchange views and words with the aromantic community here.

Finally, i'm gonna introduce myself  : I'm 17, French , female, and i'm on the first year of medical studies. I 'm a bit of an introvert and I really love to read, play video games or just enjoy a drink with my friend.

I'm delighted to meet you all !

• Like 4

Welcome to Arocalypse~

I'm glad you found this forum and hope you like it ;3

• Like 1

welcome....I see you're into heavy metal and star wars....and i approve....

21 hours ago, omitef said:

welcome....I see you're into heavy metal and star wars....and i approve....

Well, of course, all I can do is to have good taste ;)

• Like 1

Hi! :):aroicecream:

I'm wondering how you've found being aromantic and French? Do you think that this could be more difficult compared with other nationalities?

There is a stereotype that French people are very romantic - is there any truth to this stereotype, in your experience?

(we had this thread for 'romantic cities' - do you think that there are such things as 'romantic countries' or 'romantic cultures'?)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NullVector said:

Hi! :):aroicecream:

I'm wondering how you've found being aromantic and French? Do you think that this could be more difficult compared with other nationalities?

There is a stereotype that French people are very romantic - is there any truth to this stereotype, in your experience?

(we had this thread for 'romantic cities' - do you think that there are such things as 'romantic countries' or 'romantic cultures'?)

.... You know what ? I'm gonna post a new topic and tell you what I think and what i've experienced as a French people :) ! 'Cause there many things to say !

• Like 1