Aromantic Character Headcanons

I don’t know if anyone has done her yet but I headcanon Reyna from Heroes Of Olympus as AroAce. I know that it said she has a crush on Jason and Percy but I feel like those were more of her thinking she had to be with someone and picking the closest people. 

She is canon Asexual but her romantic orientation isn’t specified so she could very well be Aro. I know a lot of people headcanon her as lesbian I just can’t see it. 

Edited by Witch18

Some of my main aro headcannons are James Madison from the Hamilton musical (he is 100% aroace, and I hc that he and Jefferson are in a QPR), Cole from Ninjago (he is probably demiromantic ace), Hisoka from HXH (demiromantic pansexual 100%), and Stevie from Schitt's Creek (greyromantic heterosexual)

Madison because, in history, he never had any children and didn't seem particularly interested in romance or sex, and he prioritized his friendships (hint: Jefferson), and he and his wife seemed to have a more friendly relationship than romantic or sexual.

Cole because he hasn't had an actual love interest, aside from Nya, but that didn't go anywhere, and Cole didn't seem heartbroken about the ordeal in the long run.

Hisoka because he has never seemed interested in a relationship with anyone, aside from Illumi, who he is already close friends with, so demi for that reason 

Stevie because although she seems open to dating and has dated in the show, she doesn't seem to prioritize it as much as her friendships, and she has only had (at least from what I can remember, I haven't finished the show yet) one or two actual love interests, aside from David, who she had a friends with benefits relationship with for not even a whole season.

Edited by Jayden_Alexander

• 2 months later...

I'd say Plagg from Miraculous. Everybody in this show is all about romance, and he is just there wanting cheese. When Adrien says he must have never been in love, he even answers that he is in love with Camembert, a famous French cheese. And I love him for pointing out how weird it is to be in love with someone you don't even know the real name.

He makes me want to claim cheese as an aro symbol. This is how much aro vibes I get from him.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, nonmerci said:

I'd say Plagg from Miraculous. Everybody in this show is all about romance, and he is just there wanting cheese. When Adrien says he must have never been in love, he even answers that he is in love with Camembert, a famous French cheese. And I love him for pointing out how weird it is to be in love with someone you don't even know the real name.

He makes me want to claim cheese as an aro symbol. This is how much aro vibes I get from him.

As long as we can include vegan cheese too! I have a milk allergy

• 2 weeks later...

Idk if someone has mentioned it, but for me Reyna Ramirez Arellano from Percy Jackson series. Everything about her screamed demiromantic to me. The author confirmed her to be an ace character in July 3 2020, however I headcanon it as an demi cuz she wanted to have a relationship with Jason after knowing him for quite some time. :3 maybe it is me but (spoiler of story)

Spoiler

she joined the hunters of artemis so Artemis (as aroace for me cuz artemis will always be my aroace icon) would not approve of any romantic nor sexual relationship within her hunters

^^ so yh welcome to my tedtalk and hope you enjoyed it

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

one i havent seen anyone talk about is Andre from the faceless old woman that secretly lives in your home. its stated in the book that he thinks people are amazing to be friends with but just he just is not intrested in romance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I have some headcanons, from books.

Anne from Anne of Greengables (the book) in my opinion is demiromantic and romance-favorable. She values her friends and foster parents more,than romance and she only fell in love with Gilbert when she was around 20.

I headcanon Enjolras from Les misérables as aroace, and Clopin from Notre Dame (book) as non-SAM/ allo-aro, maybe even loveless, because he doesn't seek out close bonds, but cares about his acquaintances.

Sasuke Uchiha and Shikamaru Nara. Sasuke just wanted to reconstruct his clan, never looked to be interested in dating somebody and Shikamaru… the only one thing he loved was sleeping and playing shogi.

2 hours ago, Aroace Sailor Scout said:

I always thought Snufkin from Moomins gave off aro vibes. At least in the versions I've seen (don't know how other versions are different), he doesn't really strike me as someone that would do romance.

I feel the same. I don't remember all of moomin in detail but I have some memory of Snufkin (or Snusmumriken as we call him) wanting to just go out wandering alone a lot of the time.

I headcanon Mia Fey from Ace Attorney as arospec (specifically cupioromantic) because she openly showed repulsion to a couple doing couple things and well, I haven't let go of the headcanon since. I just related so hard.

Another aro headcanon I have is Power from Chainsaw Man. Her and Denji's relationship just seems so queerplatonic to me. Other than that I don't really have much reasoning, I like to just have headcanons for fun.

On 1/14/2022 at 11:12 PM, Petiteboule said:

Anne from Anne of Greengables (the book) in my opinion is demiromantic and romance-favorable. She values her friends and foster parents more,than romance and she only fell in love with Gilbert when she was around 20.

Funny you say that, because in the show, I headcanon Diana as aro (I don't remember if say it here). Even the actress said she didn't play her as being in love with Jerry when they were a couple. She only likes the feeling of freedom she find in a forbidden relationship, and lose interest when she realizes they have nothing in common. And her fight with Anne is shown as more important for her than her break-up.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

i think that saiki from Saiki K is somewhere on the aro spectrum (maybe) and is definitely on the ace spectrum, but maybe thats just me! ive seen a few edits and stuff here and there but idk! ^^

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Definitely Plagg from Miraculous Ladybug! He often talks about his love for cheese when other people bring up romantic relationships (iirc he once wrote a love song about it) and doesn't understand Adrien's crush on Ladybug. Plagg also seems romance-repulsed (not saying all aro people are, I just relate to him in that way). Also his color scheme is green and black which sort of resembles the aromantic flag?

(Also I think it might be sort of canon? In another episode they stated that kwamis couldn't fall in love.)

Edited by queer_kaleidoscope
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, queer_kaleidoscope said:

Definitely Plagg from Miraculous Ladybug! He often talks about his love for cheese when other people bring up romantic relationships (iirc he once wrote a love song about it) and doesn't understand Adrian's crush on Ladybug. Plagg also seems romance-repulsed (not saying all aro people are, I sort of just relate to him in that way). Also... green and black? Sort of like the aromantic flag?

Haha Plagg's been mentioned here before, I believe on a topic in this subforum. The people there were talking about how aro cheese should be a thing and I totally agree!

• Like 1

I don't know if he's been mentioned, but Jango Fett in star wars. My man looked at romantic relationships and said "no" and went and cloned himself to have a kid. Most of the clones in the GAR are also aro, and they're all in a massive QPR with each other. If you've seen the clone wars show, don't tell me that Fives isn't in a QPR with every other clone when he talks to Rex during the battle of Umbara.