What Are You Listening To/Post A Song

• 4 weeks later...

When I saw Psyche Corp live last year, she explained that this song is about a little kid whose parents tried to scare them into good behavior by saying "If you don't behave, the monsters will get you," but it backfired because then the kid was like "Aight so where are these monsters you promised me? Bitch I'm waiting?? Mom did you lie to me? WHERE ARE THEY" and tbh that's beautiful and absolutely an accurate depiction of how children work.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The last song I heard was Never Been In Love by Will Jay. (Quite fitting, I know ^^; I was checking out romantic posts on tumblr and stumbled across it and I love it!!)

Edit:

10 hours ago, possibly alive said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Basically half of my musical interests in one song. Part of the song is a bit jazzy and the other parts are well, hardcore punk soooooooo yeah.

Edit: how does the link and video thing work?

If you're asking how does the thumbnail of the video appear, then I just copy-pasted the youtube link and it appeared by itself. I didn't use the link option to insert the video's link, I just copy-pasted it.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My go-to feel good song is usually My Favorite Things, from the The Sound of Music soundtrack. (I occasionally sing it at the top of my lungs when I'm home alone, to fight off anxiety :D)

NSFW: Swearing in the song and well.......it is a Mad Max Fury Road fanvid I recently found so lots of explosions n' stuff, but it is just so perfect together. To think the song was written two or more years before the movie...and it is so angry catchy. I also have a certain fondness for women who make overt masculine-sexual curses, so if I sing along I become one of those women at the 5th line of vocals. Yeah NSFW. 

Spoiler

I really want to watch the Dear Evan Hansen musical...

On 06/04/2018 at 11:09 PM, possibly alive said:
  Reveal hidden contents

how does the link and video thing work?

You just paste the full youtube link as text. I don't think youtu.be links work

• Like 1

Been thinking a lot about the use of leitmotifs in the Jojo anime... This is a particularly pretty track and an interesting take on the Stardust Crusaders theme, and the very very subtle incorporation of SDC Dio's theme is interesting too! Especially with the title, I guess you could consider it representative of how, even after the events of 1987/1988, Dio's legacy still continues to affect Jotaro and cause trouble one way or another. God, if we ever get as far as Stone Ocean in the anime and they don't use SDC Dio's theme, I'm gonna sue lmao

I just really, really wish Jonathan's leitmotif had been incorporated into later soundtracks... It was so good, and his legacy is so hugely important to the series, I wish we'd gotten to hear a callback to that at some point in the same way that we hear callbacks to Stardust Crusaders in Diamond is Unbreakable. It's too bad I don't really have any skill at composing/arranging music, because I'd really love to hear something that incorporates Jonathan's theme, SDC Dio's theme, and maybe the Stone Mask's theme... Something featuring all of the Joestar themes would be cool, too. (Although I don't think Joseph has one? Idk, the part 2 OST was really weird. I don't really like it that much tbh, aside from the Pillar Men theme, which as we all know is the best track in the entire anime.)

Idk, I guess I'm just kinda rambling, but what I'm trying to say is: Leitmotifs GOOD. Jojo soundtrack GOOD. Ignoring Jonathan's legacy BAD. (Even if, I'm gonna guess, it's probably just because SDC and DiU's soundtracks were both by Yugo Kanno, while PB was Hayato Matsuo, so maybe it's some copyright thing? Or maybe Kanno just didn't want to use the other soundtracks, in which case guess I'll have to kick his ass because LET US HEAR THE OG BOY YOU FOOL)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2018 at 2:37 AM, yenyyoo said:

@ArivinI was gonna post this song because it is an aromantic bop everyone should heckin listen to it!!!!!

I have been listening to the song for about 2-3 weeks now and I can't stop I love it so much! :rofl:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...