Vent thread

hemogoblin

Most forums I've been on have had a Vent or Rant Thread where people can just blow off steam about things they need to dump but aren't big enough to warrant making an entire thread for them. I couldn't find one here, so here it is! Sound off.

Edited by hemogoblin
  • Like 3

People literally complaining about the price of cheese here. All the time. Even though there's plenty of other affordable foods for them. Never mind that millions of people on the other side of Europe are suffering immensely, not to mention many millions of others around the world still in real poverty.

Edited by SkyTuneRein
  • Like 2

Selfishly made this thread to vent about the fact that I started watching a movie (Your Place or Mine) just because I saw Rachel Bloom was in it and love Rachel Bloom. My naive little asexual heart didn't process the name of the movie, and I didn't even read the descrip. So I should have known better, but still disappointed to run into yet another "men and women can't really be platonic friends - they've actually been secretly in love with each other the entire time!" piece of media. Also the "he's only a player because he's a totally sad boy yearning for the love of a good woman" trope.

Edited by hemogoblin
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, hemogoblin said:

Selfishly made this thread to vent about the fact that I started watching a movie (Your Place or Mine) just because I saw Rachel Bloom was in it and love Rachel Bloom. My naive little asexual heart didn't process the name of the movie, and I didn't even read the descrip. So I should have known better, but still disappointed to run into yet another "men and women can't really be platonic friends - they've actually been secretly in love with each other the entire time!" piece of media. Also the "he's only a player because he's a totally sad boy yearning for the love of a good woman" trope.

Especially when Rachel Bloom can be so subversive when it comes to tropes! That's so frustrating. She is more than this!

13 hours ago, SkyTuneRein said:

People literally complaining about the price of cheese here. All the time. Even though there's plenty of other affordable foods for them. Never mind that millions of people on the other side of Europe are suffering immensely, not to mention many millions of others around the world still in real poverty.

This! I Camembert it. 🗺️

• Like 1

I share a place with my brother and he keeps bringing his girlfriend over. She's great, I have no problem with her as a person (though for me she's still little better than an aacquaintance). Just that they've been acting like the worst type of couple. They're practically attached at the hip, so I feel like I'm constantly third wheeling, even in my own home. They're all sappy and mushy with eachother. I normally don't have a problem with this but I swear to god if I hear them call eachother "my love" one more time I'll lose it.

On the subject of having to hear them *tw for implied nsfw*--

Spoiler

they also don't seem to know how to control the volume in the bedroom and this place has paper thin walls, so I'm pretty much dying over here. 

It's so stressfull for me, but I can't complain about it, because then I'm the mean one who needs to go out with them more and "put on headphones if the noise's bothering you".

And, on a personal note, I've been feeling really lonely lately and he barely even spends time with me anymore. And sure, I know I'm not the most extroverted person out there and he pretty much needs attention 24/7 and we also have very different lifestyles, but c'mon. Almost all week I've been coming home to an empty, depressing house. Atleast acknoledge me and spend time with me in a way we can both enjoy. I'm your sister ffs! We're the only family we have in this city!!

Today I spent all morning doing stuff around the house and he didn't even bother to step out of his bedroom and say good morning (though you know who did? his gf, who spent the night over... again). He only said anything to me when I went to say goodbye, cause I was leaving for a friend's bday picnic. "I thought that was yesterday?" he said. "No, I told you yesterday it was changed to today" but it's clear you didn't listen. Also, he never replies to my mom's messages when he's with his gf and then she writes to me all worried about him. It's not like she stops you from using your phone, at least text your mom back dude. Today he didn't even step out of bed until way past noon, so it's not even that he was doing something importat!

Aaaaand she's still here. He's making her watch breaking bad and listen to his favorite albums, with his commentary on top. I almost feel sorry for her. Don't you feel tired of him after having spent more than 24 hours together? He's my brother and I get tired of his shit all. the. time. 

Thanks for the thread @hemogoblin, I really needed it!

• Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 4:37 AM, the more the merrier said:

Especially when Rachel Bloom can be so subversive when it comes to tropes! That's so frustrating. She is more than this!

Tbf, she was only in about 3 minutes of the film. The mains are Reese Witherspoon and Ashton Kutcher. I do love Reese, but this is unfortunately very much her brand of film. 

About a month with no responses whatsoever on submitted writing pieces. And today I get five rejections. FIVE. There's no way for these editors to have known, but dang. Can *anybody* just handle five in one day? Ouch. 

EDIT: Hahahaaaaaa make that six rejections. Just gonna go crawl in a hole and try to convince myself not to give up on writing forever.

Edited by hemogoblin
I know I'm being all depressive. No need to engage. I'll get over it. I promise.
  • Like 1

me being told my grandmother that my hair wasn't wet enough to have been washed, and saying that she would stand in the bathroom the next time I took a shower, to make sure I wash my hair.  Ain't that invasion of privacy in your late teens? (16-18) I already feel insecure in seeing myself, I don't need people watching me try and take a shower. And at one point she would just walk in and pull the curtain open a bit to look in to "make sure I was washing right" I.HATED.IT

and also grandmother threatening to ground me from all electronics if I'm caught with my headphones on IN.MY.OWN.ROOM. just because I can't hear when people call for me.

Edited by KoconutBounty

8 hours ago, KoconutBounty said:

and also grandmother threatening to ground me from all electronics if I'm caught with my headphones on IN.MY.OWN.ROOM. just because I can't hear when people call for me.

Imagine banning somebody from all electronics when they have or need a pacemaker. 😼

Edited by SkyTuneRein

• 2 weeks later...

a friend of a friend (AM), (an acquaintance of mine I spose) had asked why I was being so quiet (this happened yesterday) yesterday and Friday, I said that I was just kind of spacey and trying to eat (we have less than 20 mins to get through the line and eat) AM kept saying that I'm never that quiet unless something was wrong. there was nothing wrong with me, I told AM so and told her that sometimes I'm just quiet and spacey for no reason, AM seemed set on the fact that something was wrong. I reminded AM that I have ADHD and it sometimes causes me to be rather spacey some days. but the way AM kept wording it made it seem like me being quiet, moreso introverted, and spacey was a bad thing. I talked to my other friend (GS) about it and she asked if I would like her to talk to the other friend about it for me, I said sure, and I just learned that last period AM was upset that I didn't initially come to her instead of GS doing it for me. both me and GS are non-confrontational, and because of my ADHD I have bad emotional regulation so when I learned that AM was mad at me I had started putting too much thought into it blaming myself causing an almost breakdown. saying that the one time I start trusting to show negative emotions around AM this happens. GS just wants us to get along, and I'm a people pleaser and wanna try and keep people happy, but I don't think I can do so with AM's reaction to how I felt about something she said but wasn't the one to tell her myself. I want to keep GS happy and try to get along with AM but we just don't click, at all. and idk what to do

A cyberstalker has successfully run me off of reddit because reddit doesn't even have the functionality of a basic block list, something EVERY SINGLE OTHER social media site has managed to make work. Reddit support's response is that it's just not possible. Unbelievable.

I just feel like shit and i don't know why there's truly no reason for me to. Everyone at school is annoying and its depressing because i'm lonely constantly because all they talk about is romance and dating and other shit i have no connection to and they're homophobic and i have math homework and i feel like i'm gonna fail the class constantly all because of a test.I have a presentation on the 24th and its gonna be shit and i had a panic attack today and then i can't focus.And i'm tired and i just wanna sleep.

• Sad 3

so I was just told by a teacher to stop bouncing my leg, which I tend to do when I don't feel like sitting still a lot of the time or I'm just anxious, though mostly when I wanna move around. all because it annoyed her to see me bouncing my leg. why does it matter to her? it's not bothering her.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wanna do the things I liked to do like 6 months ago things like reading,art,skating(to be fair I haven't been able to skate because of snow) but I feel like I don't have enough time or motivation to do them.

I don't usually like to talk about this too much, but I have been working really hard recently, and I'm getting very discouraged with everything. I have tried to branch out in all of my hobbies, school, and home, but it feels like my limbs were cut off. I am disappointed in myself, and it feels like everyone is disappointed in me as well. Even when I'm really tired I try so hard to care for everyone around me and bear my problems in silence, but everyone just seems irritated that I can't give more. On top of that, I came out to my friends, (most are bi and queer) and I think they think I am just aroace to "fit in" or "be special too" I honestly am tired of hearing about their crushes all the time.

It's very late, and this probably sounds worse than it is, but I am just really, really, tired. 

Also my fish died

The entire romantic aspect of Romeo and Juliet. I don't understand how 2 people can fall in love, let alone that quick. 

And my grandma constantly pushing her religion in my face.

I was watching 'Total Drama: Action' last night and there were multiple kissing/makeout scenes between a boy and a girl. like every time the two are shown on screen together they are making out. (In.One.Episode.Of.Twenty-Two.Minutes) When I watched it a while ago, it didn't really bother me, but now rewatching the episodes it's now kinda Disgusting. Why is it bothering me now?

why must romance ruin my boredom shows 

56 minutes ago, KoconutBounty said:

I was watching 'Total Drama: Action' last night and there were multiple kissing/makeout scenes between a boy and a girl. like every time the two are shown on screen together they are making out. (In.One.Episode.Of.Twenty-Two.Minutes) When I watched it a while ago, it didn't really bother me, but now rewatching the episodes it's now kinda Disgusting. Why is it bothering me now?

why must romance ruin my boredom shows 

Romance and make out scenes ruin the mood, imo. I don't blame you.

Health class brings back "That vegan teacher" memories and it's irritating.

Edited by The Lost One

7 minutes ago, The Lost One said:

Romance and make out scenes ruin the mood, imo. I don't blame you.

Health class brings back "That vegan teacher" memories and it's irritating.

honestly like look at this 

Spoiler

image.jpeg.f5fa20919a7254df178e54ac5936679b.jpeg

blech

i wasn't fond of the reproduction unit in health class

Edited by KoconutBounty