teen corner

illumi

1 hour ago, Deltalorian said:

Same. British privilege 

I'm jealous it's literally all they talk about. and the 7th graders are dating each other and smacking people in the head if they don't wanna date.literally I've watched multiple people get smacked.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, ace.cyborg said:

ugh yes everyone is so obsessed with homecoming and i don't get it

What does it even mean? 

I think there is some prom similar thing at the end of the school, so in three years for me. But nothing more than that that I'm aware of

20 hours ago, sevan said:

if you look at the stereotypical transcum and transmed subreddits of course it wont come off as lgbtq friendly. trans folks had also had bad experience with a subreddit called honesttransgender if i remember correctly. lgbtqphobia can also be found on general subreddits like r/teenager

im also there for the fandoms and shit but there will be prejudice against lgbtq folks at some point

me who's been on r/teenagers this whole time:

-

i've seen some of the transmed subs, and sometimes i get where they're coming from (doesnt men i believe them, but sometimes what they say makes sense)

i mean tbh the most lgbtq subs im in are r/aaaace and r/suddenlygay (the memes are funny)

and for the fandoms, there will? when?

I'm in Australia so we don't have homecoming either, I believe our schools have something else though (a 'formal'?) but my school doesn't do it since it is a private christian school. When I tell people this they are like 'awww thats so sad' but for me it is a blessing.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, A User said:

me who's been on r/teenagers this whole time:

-

i've seen some of the transmed subs, and sometimes i get where they're coming from (doesnt men i believe them, but sometimes what they say makes sense)

i mean tbh the most lgbtq subs im in are r/aaaace and r/suddenlygay (the memes are funny)

and for the fandoms, there will? when?

an overwhelming amount of lgbtqphobia is why i left r/teenagers to begin with. also i didnt say that the fandom subreddits had any bigoted actions of this kind but i wouldnt be surprised if there is at this point [for example the controversial character bridget]

im in a lot of nonbinary and aroace related subreddits because well. i literally identify as such so. imo the ace related subreddits are also messy due to how drastically different sex favorable and repulsed aces are and there have been a few conflict within the community regarding this difference

at the end of the day i dont care what reddit is up to so its whatever

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Harvest said:

I'm in Australia so we don't have homecoming either, I believe our schools have something else though (a 'formal'?) but my school doesn't do it since it is a private christian school. When I tell people this they are like 'awww thats so sad' but for me it is a blessing.

exactly

i don't know why people think it's such a big deal that i've never been to one of those, like i wouldn't even have that much fun...

• Like 2

I’m going to homecoming, more as a social thing. My friends (whom all are single like me lol) decided to go cause we have time to kill and we’re grabbing donuts afterwards (best donut place in MD, is like right down the road Don’t judge)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ArrowAce said:

I’m going to homecoming, more as a social thing. My friends (whom all are single like me lol) decided to go cause we have time to kill and we’re grabbing donuts afterwards (best donut place in MD, is like right down the road Don’t judge)

i mean if you're gonna have fun with friends that sounds great

most of my friends are not very single so i'd feel like a third wheel most of the time

• Like 2

Aw that sucks, yea I know how you feel about feeling like a third wheel.

Just now, ace.cyborg said:

i mean if you're gonna have fun with friends that sounds great

most of my friends are not very single so i'd feel like a third wheel most of the time

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Deltalorian said:

Nice

I play kahoot under the name "Rick Astley"

i do it under this name for stuff like kahoot, (Quizizz, gimkit etc.)

"Alexander Excalibus Orion III"

2 hours ago, ArrowAce said:

i do it under this name for stuff like kahoot, (Quizizz, gimkit etc.)

"Alexander Excalibus Orion III"

Great name! my teachers get mad if we use names that aren't ours ever since last year when someone put their name as ben dover.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AroAcedragon13 said:

Great name! my teachers get mad if we use names that aren't ours ever since last year when someone put their name as ben dover.

thats nothing, someone did mia khalifia, and numerous ways of bypassing like kahoots filter. lol

• Like 1