I Think I'm A Paragirl

LifezVictory

I recently posted a status about my pronoun changes, and decided to look up a label that might fit, and I've decided that the best one for me would be a paragirl. It's sort of like a demigirl, but instead of identifying as about half female it's like 90 percent. I think it explains how I mostly want to use she/her pronouns but also like they/them, plus the fact that I've always been kind of a tomboy.

I don't know if I'm going to tell anyone IRL. Definitely not my grandparents but my mom might understand. But since I don't feel dysphoria when still describing myself as a girl and using she/her mostly, I don't really think I need to and might only say something when or if it comes up.

• Like 3

Congrats!! I recently realised I was librafeminine and changed my pronouns too, it's also part of the demigirl 'spectrum' 

I'm unsure if I'll ever come out myself, but if I do, I just say I'm agender or nonbinary as constantly explaining what my gender actually is takes too much mental strength to explain 

It's good that you've figured your gender out! I bet that's a huge weight lifted off of your shoulders. It took me 2+ years to finally realise my own identity lmao, so I know how frustrating it can be.

However, I would like to offer some advice if that's ok: if you are sure you want to tell your mom, then before coming out, maybe ask her what her opinions are on the LGBTQ+ community in general first, as well as more specific LGBTQ+ identities. I believe it's important to get an idea of what she thinks to make sure you are safe when telling her.

Anyway, congrats and good luck!

5 minutes ago, QueerDisabledVegan said:

It's good that you've figured your gender out! I bet that's a huge weight lifted off of your shoulders. It took me 2+ years to finally realise my own identity lmao, so I know how frustrating it can be.

Idk, I mostly just felt guilty over liking to be called they/them sometimes since I also felt like a girl because I thought I shouldn't. I thought it would be like spitting in the faces of NB people, since they need to be called those pronouns to feel comfortable and I'm totally fine with she/her being used and haven't had any dysphoria (not with my gender anyway.) It sounds a little dumb written out this way, but I'll admit I still feel that way a bit, even now. But I figure hey, they're just words that anyone's allowed to use, and me using them isn't keeping other people from also using them.

Update: Okay so I thought about it, and I realized that I don't think I'm actually a paragirl. I'm now pretty sure that I'm fully female, but just gender non-conforming. This feels like a much better fit to be honest.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2022 at 2:38 AM, LifezVictory said:

Update: Okay so I thought about it, and I realized that I don't think I'm actually a paragirl. I'm now pretty sure that I'm fully female, but just gender non-conforming. This feels like a much better fit to be honest.

If someone really likes a gender label and strongly identifies with it, I'm happy for them. But this is not a straightforward and clear-cut thing - there is no "right" answer. Gender and gender labels are very difficult to understand and IMHO even paradoxical sometimes.

Edited by DeltaV
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

i think i'm paragirlflux

i'm quite late to the convo but gender is really confusing and i'm glad you guys could figure stuff out