Corrupt a Wish

Faeriefate

Instead of feeling the negative side effects of sleep deprivation, you constantly feel like you're about to sneeze. The feeling can only be removed by a surgeon, but it comes back every day. Woooo daily rhinoplasty.

also YOOOO ADHD BUDDIES

I wish more people realized that low-frequency electromagnetic radiation (infrared, microwave and radio) can't give you cancer. i.e. Not all radiation is ionizing.

• Like 1

Granted, but they now completely deny the existence of cancer altogether, offer no treatments whatsoever, and leave people with cancer to die.

I wish my mom would stop acting like physical affection would solve everything, especially when I've told her 1000 times I don't like being touched.

Your mind becomes small, uncomplicated, and boring: easy to understand.

I wish Komodo dragons (Varanus komodoensis) would lend me some of their awesomeness. They're metal. 

As a side note, the bacteria-in-the-saliva hypothesis was discredited in 2009. Komodo dragons are actually venomous. No corrupting my wish with bacteria breath LOL

• Like 1

You manage to control gravity but accidentally cause the moon to crash into the Earth while messing around, killing everyone.

I wish I wasn't boring.

• Like 1

You manage to work out how to shape shift your form to any form of your choosing but you can't manage to ever go back to your original shape and no one believes you are who you say you are.

I wish I had more wishes.

• Like 1

Granted: You compulsively write down wishes whenever you think of them. As you write them down they morph into corrupted versions of the things you write. You fill notebook after notebook with them, hoping one comes true. They consume your life. You fill your entire house with the notebooks full of all the things you wish for and curl up and die in the middle of a sea of paper covered with corrupted wishes.

I wish I wasn't so morbid.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Momo said:

I wish I wasn't so morbid.

You're no longer morbid, but you lose all memories of people who die. As time passes, there are more and more holes in your memory. Towards the end of the life, you have next to no memories of people who care about you.

• Like 1

One day shotinthehand is swimming in the ocean when a giant sea slug eats her.

I wish it was easier to come up with wishes than corruptions.

• Like 1

Granted: You work out how to come up with endless wishes but none of them will ever be granted..

I wish I could lazer off my head hair impermanently so It would stop growing but I could re-initiate growing on command

Granted. Your new, fabulous hair style brings all the allosexuals to the yard, and you have to wade through an ocean of them everywhere you walk. 

I wish people would stop asking me if I have a katana in my collection of sparring swords.

• Like 1

Granted: You buy a katana and put it out the front of the rest of your collection. No one ever asks again.

I wish I could understand and predict human emotions.

• Like 1

Granted: everywhere you walk your head is bombarded with everyone around you's emotions until you have to hole up in the middle of nowhere as a recluse to keep from going insane

I wish all healthcare in the world was free and efficient

• Like 1

It's free and efficient because all you get is a plastic baggie of unmarked antibiotics. Or at least something labeled "antibutics" In red crayon. 

I wish more people knew that antibiotics are not the solution to all illnesses.

In the near future when cybernetic implants are a normal thing to have, people start to realise that antibiotics won't help fir issues with their implants. They continue to be ignorant of what antibiotics are. 

I wish cybernetic implants where a thing. 

They are, but the only cybernetic implant available is an electric spoon that replaces your entire arm. It has to be charged every thirty seconds, but it takes five minutes to get to full power. 

I wish African brown widow spiders (Latrodectus geometricus) weren't an invasive species where I live. Specifically IN MY HOUSE.