Aros: when was your first squish? Allos: when was your first crush? (if you’ve had one)

Tinkere

I’ve been asking a lot of people when their first crush was, and all of the answers I got were very young. My first “crush” (which actually wasn’t a crush at all, I don’t recall actually liking him) was at 11 and a half or so. I’ve had other squishes, but as I said, let me know when your first squish was (if you had one), and allos, how old were you when you had your first crush? At first, I didn’t know that 11 was apparently an abnormal age to have a first crush, because most of my friends are saying like 4 or 5 years old… but of course, I am aro after all :)

• Like 1

I don't remember my first squish.  Apparently when I was a toddler there was this older boy that I would follow around and call "Mio Mio".  He is in his late 30s now and people still call him "Mio Mio"  xD

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My first squish was on a cartoon character on a show that my little sister was watching. I was 15. XD

My first squish was when I was 4 then 7. Hmmmmm then became hyper focused on fictional characters until college. I think all of my more intense squishes have been post college tho. Totally thought until I learned about squishes this year that those were crushes. 

The one I had when I was 4 was because I thought he dressed so cool with his ripped jeans, black shirt, and oversized jacket. Hahaha it might have been gender envy tho. I remember telling him that I wanted to be his friend during recess and promptly getting told I was weird and not pretty. Threw a ball at his face and he didn't seem so cool anymore after that.

Nooooow the girl I wanted to be friends with sooooo badly when I was 7 had all the cool crayons in class and she would always wear sparkly clothes. I wanted to color with her using those crayons but when I asked she told me to go back to my country. I remember being confused and thinking that she was pretty stupid for thinking Texas was its own country. 

My current squish is on my best friend who recently told me that she is in love with me... which sucks cuz she desires a full-on-super-sweet-you-get-cavities-romance and I can't fulfill that expectation if we do a QPR. 

I wish my squishes would someday land on an ace or aro or ace aro person. 

My first crush was on a girl in 7th grade I believe. Nothing happened I just saw her in the halls and her locker was near mine. I also knew her (now ex) boyfriend which is funny I guess. My second was in 8th grade on another girl, and I honestly think she liked me back because of the way she acted, but I ended up leaving that school a week or two later and have been homeschooled ever since. Now i'm gay and aro.

I had my first squish when I was 14 years old and it lasted about two or three years. I think that after that I only had one more, a few months ago, and it lasted for half a year. Now I am a good friend of this last one (and we're meeting today). My first and unique crush started when I was 14 or 15 years old, and it lasted three years. Now I am dating her for three years and a half, and she's still my best friend.

• 11 months later...