Correlation between MBTI (Myers Briggs types) and aromanticism/asexuality?

Tinkere

As a pretty committed  member of the MBTI community, I’ve seen a lot of INTPs and INTJs identify as aro/ace. I know it’s probably mostly got to do with their functions (mostly referring to INTP here), but I was wondering, if any of you guys know, I’d like to hear what mbti types you are, and see if there’s some sort of correlation! I’m an aro INTP, and my sister is an ace INTJ :)

Edited by Tinkere
  • Like 7

25 minutes ago, Wesley said:

It’s ironic because I’m an INFP (supposedly the “hopeless romantic”) but I’m aroace 

I’m also INFP, but aromantic. When I first took the test a few years ago, F vs. T was a rather close match. I got much more F over time.

I, N and P are like > 90% though.

INFP aros are similar to aros liking the romantic era. Superficially it seems contradictory. But in fact, it’s just the modern era that reduces rich, intense emotions to romantic love. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

On 4/19/2022 at 3:31 PM, DeltaV said:

INFP aros are similar to aros liking the romantic era. Superficially it seems contradictory. But in fact, it’s just the modern era that reduces rich, intense emotions to romantic love. 🤷‍♂️

As a fellow INFP aro, you're so right! 

• Like 2

INTJ last time I checked, but it was a while ago. The J was also very weak. I should probably do another some time, anyone have a good link to a reputable test?

• Like 2