Not sure if I’m aromantic

Guest Anonymous Needs Help

Guest Anonymous Needs Help

Hello! 
I am posting this because I’m currently in the process of questioning myself. I think I might be aromantic, but I am not sure. I am 20 years old but have never been in a relationship my entire life and it’s been a long time since I’ve had a crush (although I’m not even sure if they were crushes). I was hoping someone could help me out with this and talk to me about it. Thanks! 

Hi, and welcome! Is it possible your past crushes were actually squishes? A squish is a platonic attachment to someone, you basically want to be best friends. In my experience squishes can feel very very similar to a crush, in that the person may be on your mind a lot and your day brightens by a lot when they acknowledge you. At least, that's my experience, others may experience squishes a little differently. But suffice to say, with a squish you don't want to be in a romantic relationship with the person; you just admire them greatly.

Even if they were crushes, if you experience crushes rarely or only under certain circumstances (like needing a very very strong bond first), you could still be on the aromantic spectrum! 

Don't worry about figuring it all out straight away. It takes time to figure these things out.