Best aro pride animal

mewix

Best aro pride animal  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I said both birds and felines.

Birds because they embody freedom for me (probably cause they can fly). And I think this freedom is great to represent aros. I think aros value all type of relationship and that the freedom to define which are the most important for us and to define their components in own terms (in a QPR for instance) is a huge part of our culture. I don't have a particular birds in mind but I think eagles are pretty cool because they are majestic (is that the word in English?)

Felines because they have that reputation of being independent, with a preference for cats because they also embodies singlehood with the old never married lady trope (not that this trope was meant to be nice but I don't care). So I think they are a great symbol for aro that doesn't seek a partnership.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, nonmerci said:

Felines because they have that reputation of being independent, with a preference for cats because they also embodies singlehood with the old never married lady trope (not that this trope was meant to be nice but I don't care). So I think they are a great symbol for aro that doesn't seek a partnership.

Cats like to come and go a lot I think xD see some which goes and visit lots of different gardens and places.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2021 at 3:17 AM, mewix said:

Which do you think the best aro pride animal is or would make a good one? 

I was thinking a bird that can fly because we ain't weighted down by romance 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Praying mantises. They eat their mates afterward, so you know there weren't any romantic feelings XD

• Like 3

OOOOOO!!! I've got it! Our animal mascot should be the sort of alien that Yoda is! Think about it. He's green & he's a Jedi. (Jedis don't do romance). 

Edited by Angrboda
  • Like 3

On 11/14/2021 at 3:46 AM, Angrboda said:

OOOOOO!!! I've got it! Our animal mascot should be the sort of alien that Yoda is! Think about it. He's green & he's a Jedi. (Jedis don't do romance). 

Yoda would great. “If you do not know crush, aro you may be”

But:

1. The Walt Disney Company owns the copyright for Yoda. Free Yoda!!!
  2. Yoda would be more like a mascot. Yoda is not a pride animal!
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, DeltaV said:

Yoda would great. “If you do not know crush, aro you may be”

But:

1. The Walt Disney Company owns the copyright for Yoda. Free Yoda!!!
  2. Yoda would be more like a mascot. Yoda is not a pride animal!

LOL Perfect! XD And yeah, I know. I just thought it was too epic not to mention.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, nonmerci said:

I'm not an expert in bords so the only green one I find is the guinea toraco. 

I have no idea either, I just spend a long time looking at cute pictures.

the Toraco is fantastic though

6 hours ago, nonmerci said:

I wonder what would the just aro bird? 

not sure. although thinking about it geese seem pretty aro, shame they aren't green

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
22 hours ago, roboticanary said:

hang on, we forgot the sea sheep

1759059554_seasheep.jpg.f02a94af2714bc15a8921d1f3043f48f.jpg

you can't tell me this little fella ain't aro

Oh man, those are great! Sea creatures are so facinating and different, we can pick just any of them as a pride animal. But my favourite are a certain species of sea slug called Elysia cf. marginata that can decapitate themselves :0 The body kind of lives on for a few more weeks but the head lives on via photosynthesis and regrows itself in about 3 weeks, complete with organs! It is not certain why they do this, but at the moment they think it is in reaction to an infection in the body.

5D85461B-643B-4D7B-9F38-05CF9ED041FF.webp.f88eab767f507ad26cacdde8930faf6d.webp

Just look at it!

7492F76C-C52D-4A5C-85F7-3D13852C6883.jpeg.97eee53e4c9c33a49f48b27b0fa0cf9f.jpeg

Also it is green so…

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I think the sea sheep are cool but what about the dogbane beetle or the eupholus genus of weevils

dogbane-beetle-826778112-0e75677ab21a46d6ba7c3ef7c86f0508.webp.80d7148bada63d3848ffbae1389642a7.webpimages(7).jpeg.e6e81a2a669073e4ca13fa2c6724f3b2.jpeg eupholus weevi

I always liked the thought of birds being the “aro animal”. Something about them feels very independent and free.

Frogs are great too of course! I don’t think frogs will ever stop being the definitive aro animal.

• Like 2