Greyromantic?

Guest Monica

Question

Guest Monica

Hey! I’m 16 years old and I’m wondering if I am greyromantic. I already identify as an asexual lesbian, but I’ve only felt romantic attraction once to a girl who goes to my school. In the beginning of my freshman year of high school I started feeling attracted to her and throughout sophomore I also was romantically attracted to her. It was kind of strong romantic attraction, but I don’t think I feel it anymore… or maybe I do. I haven’t ever had a crush on anyone else except her and I don’t really want to have a crush on anyone else because of…past experiences with having a crush on her. Because she figured out I had a crush on her and wasn’t (and still isn’t) very kind about it which is annoying because she seemed like a really nice person when I first met her. I’ve had a lot of squishes on people in middle school and my first years of high school, but she’s the only person I’ve had (or still have) a crush on. So does this sound like I may be greyromantic? Thanks!

1 answer to this question

This is AUREA's definition of greyromantic:

1. Describes a person who feels romantic attraction very rarely, weakly, unreliably or gains/loses attraction in unusual or unknown circumstances.

Seeing as she's been your only crush and the rest have been squishes, you could say that you feel romantic attraction on rare ocassions, therefore, you could be greyromantic! though, your identity and which labels you use are always up to you in the end, after all, no one knows your feelings better than yourself.