Figuring out my label/what i identify as

DivineCyst

Question

Okay so I thought that I was aroflux and ace but i can't usually tell when i feel attraction if it is romantic, platonic, or aesthetic. i don't know what i could be and I am new so that is partially also why i am asking here. i have had crushes before and i thought they were romantic but they could've been platonic and i just didn't see it before. i am friends with them now, thankfully, because they were good people. 

i also might have a squish but that's besides the point. 

I don't know what i could identify as and i would like if someone would try and shed some light on what i could be..

2 answers to this question

Hey, well I can help you in some way (I think). Romantic attraction: I would date you; sexual attraction: I would bang you; aesthethic attraction: I would look at you all day; platonic attraction: I would be friends with you. Now, a lot of people here have trouble identifying which is which for the reason that some don't experience one or more than one, so is like asking a blind person to describe the color blue when they have never seen it (experience it).

The best we can do is guess and make educated guesses based on collective experiences. You can be aroflux, demi or grey. I don't know your past experiences or if you ever been in a relationship or not. If you have been in a relationship and did not feel anything, maybe aromantic. If you did not feel anything after a connection has been done with that partner. Ask yourself what you felt in X scenario. Divide the situation and try to categorize it in the different attractions. If you ever have doubts, just ask ^^. Also I would add that there is a difference between you actively choosing to fall for someone based on a trait or it was involuntary. Hope I could be of help.

• Like 1

Ahh ok. I have been in a relationship before but I didn't feel anything after a while. They weren't a stranger, I had been friends with them for years; thankfully we could go back to being just friends. Now that it is explained, some of the crushes i had before were definitely aesthetic and platonic.

Thank you so much for helping! If I have any other questions I will just ask! 

• Like 1