Jump to content

Interest in Google Meet Aromantic Socials


Recommended Posts

Was nice to meet again! For the next meeting, I was thinking we could perhaps discuss either aro activisim and community involvement/building or alloaro inclusivity/representation (for example, read something from Bones of Green and Hearts of Gold and/or some of AUREA's articles) or we can share and discuss our favorite works from AroWriMo and ASAW. 

Any of these sound good? 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love those ideas. For next month my favourite is the idea of discussing aro activism. It would be interesting to talk about that after aro awareness week, It would be cool to talk about what people have one and how it went.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/16/2021 at 5:28 PM, Erederyn said:

Was nice to meet again! For the next meeting, I was thinking we could perhaps discuss either aro activisim and community involvement/building or alloaro inclusivity/representation (for example, read something from Bones of Green and Hearts of Gold and/or some of AUREA's articles) or we can share and discuss our favorite works from AroWriMo and ASAW. 

Any of these sound good? 

I also think these are all good ideas. So maybe we go for aro activism for March's meeting and use the others for April or May etc?

 

I was thinking of the weekend of Saturday 6th / Sunday 7th? Before I say the usual time of 7PM (UK time) on the Sunday is anyone quietly screaming, "not that time again, I can't do it!". At the moment the whole weekend is free so I'll leave it at that for now and schedule the exact time in a few days or so. Let me know, otherwise I'll stick to the same old time :-).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds good!

22 hours ago, DogObsessedLianne said:

I was thinking of the weekend of Saturday 6th / Sunday 7th? Before I say the usual time of 7PM (UK time) on the Sunday is anyone quietly screaming, "not that time again, I can't do it!". At the moment the whole weekend is free so I'll leave it at that for now and schedule the exact time in a few days or so. Let me know, otherwise I'll stick to the same old time :-).

I could do the 7th at the usual time! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just to let you know that I've set up a Facebook group for these videocalls as I'm aware that some people prefer Facebook. If you also know of anyone who would also be interested feel free to share the group with them, just let them know that there's security questions to answer before I admit members. https://www.facebook.com/groups/3585539994877768
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

On 2/17/2021 at 5:49 PM, DogObsessedLianne said:

I was thinking of the weekend of Saturday 6th / Sunday 7th?

7th at usual time is good for me too. Most of the time weekend evenings (about half 6 or later) would be fine for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 11:40 AM, DogObsessedLianne said:

Sunday 7th March 2021 7PM (GMT - UK time)

meet.google.com/qum-mmnd-xkw

Topic: aro activism

Just to remind you about tomorrow :-)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm just posting on here after discussion on the Facebook group about scheduling the time for earlier due to a timezone different. We are discussing moving the time to around 11AM (UK time) on either a Saturday or Sunday. At the moment, everyone who regularly attends is a European timezone. If this can help at all let me know? :-)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was thinking, maybe we could discuss other forms of attraction (non-romantic, non-sexual) as a topic for April? Inspired by the TAAAP discussion on platonic attraction for their pride chats this month. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Erederyn said:

I was thinking, maybe we could discuss other forms of attraction (non-romantic, non-sexual) as a topic for April? Inspired by the TAAAP discussion on platonic attraction for their pride chats this month. 

Sounds like a good idea. I heard back from the other person so if it's ok we'll try 11am (UK time). If I say the weekend of the 10th/11th April would that work for the usual bunch and anyone else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DogObsessedLianne said:

Sounds like a good idea. I heard back from the other person so if it's ok we'll try 11am (UK time). If I say the weekend of the 10th/11th April would that work for the usual bunch and anyone else?

Either day at 11am works for me! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi! I’ve been away from this forum for a while but excited to take part in the video chats again :) the dates seem good but if it’s on Sunday I won’t be able to participate cause I’m working that time :) 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CharCharChar said:

That's 5am my time, but my sleep schedule is wrecked at the moment, and perhaps it will still be wrecked by April 10 :D

It might be a good idea to alternate between the two times to try to give a broader range for people. But if you can't sleep at 5AM you know where we are!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2021 at 6:14 PM, DogObsessedLianne said:

OK, Saturday 10th April 11AM (UK time).

Topic: Other forms of attraction that interplay with your aromanticism in life

Link: meet.google.com/qum-mmnd-xkw

Hi, I've only just read this forum, would it be alright if I join the meet during that allotted time?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, H.G.Grace said:

Hi, I've only just read this forum, would it be alright if I join the meet during that allotted time?

Absolutely!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, H.G.Grace said:

Hi, I've only just read this forum, would it be alright if I join the meet during that allotted time?

I ditto Erederyn's post. It's for everyone who can make it!

 

4 hours ago, Erederyn said:

Absolutely!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

meet.google.com/qum-mmnd-xkw (just in case you are struggling to find the link)

I've just double checked the link to make sure it was still active, and it was, so see some of you tomorrow (11AM UK time).

 

UnYoung kindly posted this link on the Facebook group that could be useful for the discussion tomorrow: https://lgbta.wikia.org/wiki/Tertiary_Attraction?fbclid=IwAR33Q-gMWOBjCruHI6lNrKLXl30FYbQjI2P6dP2DgwMH8x3LnUeo-ZbJAtM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone have any preference for topic for May's meet? I was thinking about choosing a story or two or more from https://aroworlds.files.wordpress.com/2020/11/bones-of-green-and-hearts-of-gold-k.-a.-cook.pdf

(thanks to whoever put it on the google doc). I looked at the Aze journal but it seems much more asexuality based (though I do like much of the art work).

 

What do people think? I'll have a closer look at the Aro Worlds pdf over the weekend (I'm busy tomorrow) to see how long the stories are. Or would people like a month or there's about from now to read them all and then meet to discuss? Unless anyone is desperate for another topic? 4 weeks will be weekend of 22nd/23rd May.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am new to this site, and I see that this post was created a while ago.   I would definitely like to attend, also.  I am on the Eastern US time zone. Please send me a link to the next meeting.  Thanks

 

Edited by JackieD
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...