Staff VS Members

brsajo

@ doesn't work for me for some reason D: plus it's really easy to win this. IF the Owl decends upon us, just leave their post up and wait for their off time =D 

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe a time limit on how long a chain can last? (I like it when micromanagement is encouraged :D )

Say, if 5 minutes pass after one team starts posting and it's not interrupted by the opposing team, it can no longer count until the rival team posts. (Of course, the number of points per mod post must then be reduced to 2-3.)

Danny's suggestion is bad for the mods because it makes them vulnerable to chains built by 3 members.

5 minutes ago, DannyFenton123 said:

Are you saying people can chain post for 5 minutes but after that have to wait for the other team?

Yes, and this applies to posts by all members of the team, even if each of the active participants posts only once within these 5 minutes.

Basically, this would discourage members from waiting until all the mods go offline.

77 (is conflicted on whether to continue hypocritically chain posting whilst discussing how to prevent chain posting)

I'm kinda confused by that. Are you saying people can chain post for 5 minutes but after that have to wait for the other team?

inutes ago, aroMa(n)tisse said:

Yes, and this applies to posts by all members of the team, even if each of them posts once within these 5 minutes.

Basically, this would disencourage members from waiting until all the mods go offline.

Ah, I get it. Though honestly posting when everybody else is away/asleep is kinda fun :ph34r:

I get the most thrill from the obsessive-compulsive F5'ing trying to make more posts per minute. This includes the cases when all the mods are away and the members have to make a ridiculous number of posts in a row (50-70) before a mod arrives, but it also includes the cases when a mod is temporarily distracted by the chat and I try to fit as many posts in as possible (which is viable only when a mod post scores <5 points).

Anyway, i think I need to retire from the game because I've been wasting too much time on Arocalypse, which is putting my real life on hold :facepalm:

Archived