Sign in to follow this  
Queasy_Attention

Shot in the dark here, anyone else here on the bipolar spectrum?

I have bipolar 2! It affects the way I view myself and my personality-- I feel like I have a few different "types" of personalities depending on whether I'm in a hypo-manic swing, a depressive dip, or staying more at baseline (which makes things like personality tests kinda difficult, since I usually have two different answers that could apply at two different times.) For those unfamiliar, bipolar 2 is slightly different from bipolar disorder in that it's not as intense and is more or less manageable without hospitalization or intense medication-- though some people do choose to take medication to stabilize their moods.

It's a big part of my life and it's a little strange that I don't really share about it with anyone else. I've never met anyone with bipolar 2, save for lurking in r/bipolar2 lol. I seriously doubt anyone else around here is gonna relate or have this in common, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I don't know my specific diagnosis but I know I have a form of bipolar. I've somewhat aged out of it, though. I still get manic sometimes, but it's not super significant. 

• Like 1

I don't think I have bipolar specifically, but I have noticed that I have frequent periods of very productive high energy weeks/days and then I'll suddenly have a week where I don't wanna do anything or talk to anybody because I feel so dead inside, like all of the energy I had the week before is suddenly completely gone. That could be just normal depression or something but I don't know.

And, to briefly bring up aromanticism, I have noticed that I tend to "yern" for romance/sexual intimacy during these unmotivated moments than I do any other week where platonic friendships are more than enough.

Anyway sorry if it seemed like I hijacked a post that was only for bipolar people, but reading your description does kinda sorta describe me in a way? I would also love to know more about Bipolar since I know there is a lot of misinformation about it everywhere