The Aro-Ace Thread™

Violet Stars

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2021 at 4:15 PM, Arsenic said:

A few days ago the girlfriend of my uncle told me that she had shown a pic of me to one guy she knows, and that this boy is "looking for a girlfriend". She said that he liked me and whether I liked him (she shown me a photo of this guy), and I felt SO disgusted that I am not able to put in on words. I wanted to cry, and to scream, and to run away from there. She also shown me a photo of his son, shirtless on a swimming pool, and she looked at me as if I were supposed to like him in a sexual way (which made my ace ass panic). After a few time of questioning whether I am aro or not, that was all the confirmation I needed. 

That is horrible, and I am sorry to hear that. No one should have to experience that horrible situation! 
Were they heteronormative, too?

:/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mivoei said:

aroace flags appreciation; which one is your fav?

I love the stacked flag (the top left) but I am particularly fond of the sunset flag (middle of the second row).

• Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 7:47 AM, mivoei said:

Mine is easily the stacked because aro, ace… yeah idk. But I also like the orange yellow and blue one and I love the colors of the horizon flag the most but I’d never actually use it lol

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, EternallyTBD said:

Mine is easily the stacked because aro, ace… yeah idk. But I also like the orange yellow and blue one and I love the colors of the horizon flag the most but I’d never actually use it lol

i dont think ill use the horizon flag too since its less recognizable; but i dont really find the stacked flag that appealing either due to the inconsistency of its stripes. the aro side has two while the ace side only has one which really pisses me off. i want to add an extra lighter purple stripe to it so it will look even but thats my opinion

• Like 1

Purely aesthetically:

1. EVoizzz
  2. Aromagni
  3. Horizon

Two and three switch depending on when you ask me.

The orange/blue one that's most popular is growing on me the more people use it.

By flag meaning/symbolism... I haven't looked into them closely enough yet to be able to answer (partially because I don't prefer using two separate flags).

6 minutes ago, hemogoblin said:

By flag meaning/symbolism... I haven't looked into them closely enough yet to be able to answer (partially because I don't prefer using two separate flags).

i havent either lol i just judge based on aesthetics bc it plays a huge role in flag designing anyway. even tho your colors means deep stuff if they dont look good tgt your flag is still shit and nobody will use it

i agree the horizon flag is pretty as hell tho; definitely took heavy inspo from the sunset flag [orange and blue one] 

• Like 1

i'm just confused that there are so many flags hahaha bc i feel like i should be able to recognize people from my community but i just can't remember all the flags 😅😅😅

i used to seperate the aro and the ace flag and to use both as i see my sexual and romantic orientation as two different things (so: two flags).

but i really got used to the sunset flag and now i love the aesthetic of this flag

i'm currently thinling about getting one... but i also want to have a transgender flag. and an aro flag. and the new progress pride flag (the one that includes the inter* flag in the triangle as well). so, yeah... i think i have to make a decision for only ONE flag bc money money money^^

(i currently have a little enby flag and a rainbow flag, maybe i can make the progress pride flag out of the rainbow one...) 

Edited by Acecream
  • Like 2

On 1/22/2023 at 7:47 AM, mivoei said:

I like the 1st & 4th (going across left to right). I love green & purple, so I like the 2 flag combination. I actually created my own combo of ace & aegoromantic (aka anegoromantic) because I couldn't find one online that matched it & it's probably what fits me best. 

2022-09-17.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2020 at 7:49 PM, Violet Stars said:

0c2af4a63b73b61be8e0447ce8668776.jpg

this one is such a mood.

This is how I found this site! I was trying to figure out where the background image came from as I saw this meme on reddit, but a reverse image search only brought me here, which is also good :)

• Like 4

On 1/22/2023 at 12:47 PM, mivoei said:

Screenshot_2023-01-22_at_8.46.48_PM.png?width=946&height=1169

I think my favourite ones are the sunset flag, the two stacked ones on top right that blend them. I also really like the muted reverse sunset flag (Last full row 2 in from left) and both versions of the horizon flag I've never seen before but I love them.

8 hours ago, i-was-here said:

This is how I found this site! I was trying to figure out where the background image came from as I saw this meme on reddit, but a reverse image search only brought me here, which is also good :)

Welcome aboard, @i-was-here! Our best memes are recruiting for us, this is truly a new age for Arocalypse.

We're so happy that you're here!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ravensplat said:

I think my favourite ones are the sunset flag, the two stacked ones on top right that blend them. I also really like the muted reverse sunset flag (Last full row 2 in from left) and both versions of the horizon flag I've never seen before but I love them.

ye the horizon flags are really unpopular but i love the color scheme sm. its part of the sunset flag aesthetic it seems bc to me it looks like the sunset over a grassland

14 minutes ago, mivoei said:

ye the horizon flags are really unpopular but i love the color scheme sm. its part of the sunset flag aesthetic it seems bc to me it looks like the sunset over a grassland

Yes! Especially the simplified version. I think only Sunset fan lovers will like the Horizon flag as some people want to keep gl the seperate flag colours. 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 1:47 PM, mivoei said:

Honestly, most of them aren't particularly appealing to me because I prefer to use two separate flags, but the @ravioliet one is simply stunning!

Edited by unromanceable_npc
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 9/17/2020 at 6:24 PM, emmafriendly said:

Honestly while I am aroace, I always find my aromanticism to be way more important than my asexuality. I will definitely speak on ace stuff as an ace person, but I just find myself more reflective upon my aromanticism more, and I feel like it shapes me as a person more, so I tend to focus on it.

Yeah, being ace doesn’t have NEARLY as much of an impact because overall that part of one’s life is smaller in comparison to the over romanticizing of the media and just society in general.

On 1/22/2023 at 7:47 AM, LIVI0 said:

Either the first one or the sunset flag, in general I wish there was an official one but I don’t see how the sunset flag coincides with both the aro and ace flags. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HelloThere said:

Yeah, being ace doesn’t have NEARLY as much of an impact because overall that part of one’s life is smaller in comparison to the over romanticizing of the media and just society in general.

I think it does have a big impact since it can make relationships difficult, and sex is at least as much everywhere in society as romantic love. The two are probably not comparable 😅

Just now, Atypique said:

I think it does have a big impact since it can make relationships difficult, and sex is at least as much everywhere in society as romantic love. The two are probably not comparable 😅

Idk I guess it’s just my opinion, romance overall seems to have more of a stigma because it’s well… kid friendly. XD

• 5 months later...
On 5/10/2023 at 4:19 PM, Atypique said:

Arriving late to the discussion here but I agree with this, as a 41yo married aroace, being ace affects your relationships, even the ones that work well. I'd say being ace has caused me more difficulties, but truly being aro has also been difficult, somewhat in a more subtle way. I met my husband when I was 22, he was and is my best friend. I knew it was either him or being alone which I didn't think I could do. 

On 1/22/2023 at 12:47 PM, NVLL said:

I love the Horizon aroace flag! 

Edited by Jenjenie
  • Like 1