What is something you like about yourself?

Neir

Hi all!

Sometimes I can forget that I'm a human being with genuine worth, but in an effort to grow my (and perhaps others') self-esteem and self-confidence, I wanted to start a little thread where people can list something they like about themselves whenever they feel they need to. This thread would also be a nice way to get to know some of you and see how you think about yourselves. :)

I think there might be a compliments thread somewhere else where people give compliments to each other, but I'd like this to be a little bit of a self-appreciation corner.

I'll go first!

One thing about myself I like is that I am working on being more self-aware. It's an admirable goal.

• Like 5

This is the most wholesome thing I've ever seen! Thank you for doing this. You are such a kind, sweet, considerate human being that deserves the world! I'm kind of in the same boat as you at the moment, so:

One thing I like about myself is that I'm building strength in vulnerability, while still being ruthless about the things I care about.

• Like 3

Not a joke, but I really like that I'm good at giving advice on my friends' romantic issues lol. I just think it's kind of cool that the perspective I have an as aro person ends up turning into (what I'm told) is pretty good and helpful advice! Cause yk I don't want romance for myself but if I can help my friends out, why not???

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I like that I can eat as much as I like before I put on much weight, my science and tech knowledge and that apparently I'm very analytical too. I also like my high tolerance to being alone, which is handy in 2020 and something that not everyone can even come close to.

Edited by SkyTuneRein
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm happy to see all these responses; it is very wholesome. :)

I am back today to publicly announce to myself (what a strange thing to say lol): Another thing I like about myself is that I care very deeply about others and do everything in my power to make my loved ones happy.

• Like 1