Hi :)

Hi everyone,

My name is Katya or Kat, I go by both, and my pronouns are she/her. I'm 17 and I recently figured out that I'm probably aromantic. But my problem is that every fiber of my being is against it. I don't really want to be aro because I still really want a relationship, but I'm not sure if that's because of amatonormativity or if I actually want one. I'm currently bouncing between the labels aromantic, frayromantic and cupioromantic. I'm also really scared of labeling myself as aromantic because I'm afraid that I'm too young to know, but I'm hoping that by using the term, I will get more comfortable with it.

I stumbled across this website for a project, so I'm joining and we'll see where it goes :) 

Hiya! I totally relate to not wanting to label too quickly, I felt the same way when I was 16 and figuring out I was bi. Best of luck to you, and remember you can always use the grey-aro (greyro) label if you wanna say "I'm some kind of not-typical romantic" without knowing all the details yet :) Hope to see you around the site!

Hi! Welcome to the forums.

About relationship, you can still be in a romantic committed relationship even if you don't have romantic feelings. I have a friend who's been in a relationship for over a year and he's told me he's not in love with her but he enjoys being with her.

Welcome! Speaking anecdotally, I think it's very common to bounce around identities and not be totally sure, especially in regards to aspec ids. It definitely took me a few years to settle down with aromantic and be totally comfy with it. It's totally okay to just exist with some terms in mind and see how they feel. Or you can just say arospec and leave it at that. Your identity is YOURS and YOURS only, anyone who tells you what to do with it is seriously misguiding you.

We're happy to have you!! :)