Upcoming - explicit aromantic and ace story in "Loveless" by Alice Oseman?

A friend just let me know that Alice Oseman (apparently quite an up-and-coming YA author?) is writing a new book, "Loveless",  that sure looks to be a very explicit aromantic asexual coming of age and coming out story:

It was all sinking in. I’d never had a crush on anyone. No boys, no girls, not a single person I had ever met. What did that mean?

Georgia has never been in love, never kissed anyone, never even had a crush – but as a fanfic-obsessed romantic she’s sure she’ll find her person one day.

As she starts university with her best friends, Pip and Jason, in a whole new town far from home, Georgia’s ready to find romance, and with her outgoing roommate on her side and a place in the Shakespeare Society, her ‘teenage dream’ is in sight.

But when her romance plan wreaks havoc amongst her friends, Georgia ends up in her own comedy of errors, and she starts to question why love seems so easy for other people but not for her. With new terms thrown at her – asexual, aromantic – Georgia is more uncertain about her feelings than ever.

Is she destined to remain loveless? Or has she been looking for the wrong thing all along?

This wise, warm and witty story of identity and self-acceptance sees Alice Oseman on towering form as Georgia and her friends discover that true love isn’t limited to romance.

The novel won't actually be released until next month, but I'd expect some reviews to potentially start trickling in before then. 

Has anyone here happened to have read any of Oseman's other works?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This book is definitely one I have in my sights. Super excited to get my hands on it! 

6 hours ago, Skittles87 said:

I'm excited about this book but I kinda hate the title!

If I have to guess, the author might just be drawing in unsuspecting allos before hitting them over the head with "psych!". It's kind of like people in movies who are like "I'm gonna be single forever!" and so someone might pick up the book thinking that's what the title is conveying. But then they'll be in for quite the pleasant surprise :) 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...