Kallie

Can you help me find a label?

There are certain problems you encounter when labeling your sexuality as a non-binary person. I've always been attracted to men and I usually call myself straight because I still consider myself somewhat "female-aligned", but my experience is different from a typical straight woman or a gay man. Nblm doesn't exactly suit me because I view it as an umbrella term for all non-binary people, who are capable of being attracted to men, which would include bi, pan and etc (just like mlm and wlw are umbrella terms). 

Ideally, I'd want to find a label that describes attraction to men only. Andosexual seems to be a good one, but I saw it being used together with androphilia/gynophilia and was worried about it's connotations. Does anyone know more about that?

• Like 1

So, both andro- and gyno- are from greek and mean man and woman respectively.  There are problems with gyno- bc the prefix tends to be associated with afab bodies, but I don't think the same issues really extend to androsexual? Andro- is also the prefix used for androgynous and stuff so it as a prefix doesn't have weird connotations which make it potentially a problem.

Another more vague term would be diamoric, which is a term for nonbinary attraction that doesn't neatly fall into the usual binary.  This page has more info and also some other terms: https://lgbta.wikia.org/wiki/Diamoric

Another term in that link is Marsic, which is nonbinary attraction to men or masculine aligned people, so perhaps that term would work well for you?

• Like 1

On 6/2/2020 at 5:47 AM, Magni said:

Another term in that link is Marsic, which is nonbinary attraction to men or masculine aligned people, so perhaps that term would work well for you?

Oh, it’s absolutely perfect, I love orientations named after after gods ^^

Thank you!

• Like 1

Straight should still work provided it doesn't make you dysphoric. A trans woman who is exclusively attracted to men is still straight even though her experiences are different than a cis woman's after all.