Hi I’m new! Is there anything I should know?

I’m Aris, I’m new to this site and aromanticism (I think that’s how you do that). I’ve known I was ace for a while and just accepted that I am aro. Is there anything I should know so I don’t put my foot in my mouth? Ex: on AVEN sexuals despise being called allosexuals, is there an arocalypse version of that? 

(Also is there a site nickname?)

Hey there. Well from what I know, as long as there is respect between each other your good. A label is judt as good as the message behind it and the intention. If you do not harbor ill intentions then you good. Any questions just write em up, :3 we here to help and eat ice cream.

Hello, nice to meet you! I'd say some things to keep in mind if you're new to the aro community are:

• Allosexual aromantics exist too, and are an important part of the community despite our lack of recognition. (And no, we don't have a problem with being called allosexual. Personally I'd feel uncomfortable with just being called "sexual"? Alloros are a weird bunch, huh...)
  • Many people refer to the ace and aro communities as a collective as the "a-spectrum"
  • In addition to no-romance-ever aromantics, there are many identities under the aromantic umbrella, including grey-aromantic, demiromantic, cupioromantic, lithromantic, etc. These are collectively referred to as "aro spectrum" or "arospec" for short.
  • Not all aros want QPRs. Although there is... some debate over how to refer to these types of aros, some commonly used terminology includes aplatonic, nonpartnering, or nonamorous.
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jot-Aro Kujo said:
  • Allosexual aromantics exist too, and are an important part of the community despite our lack of recognition. (And no, we don't have a problem with being called allosexual. Personally I'd feel uncomfortable with just being called "sexual"? Alloros are a weird bunch, huh...)
  • Many people refer to the ace and aro communities as a collective as the "a-spectrum"
  • In addition to no-romance-ever aromantics, there are many identities under the aromantic umbrella, including grey-aromantic, demiromantic, cupioromantic, lithromantic, etc. These are collectively referred to as "aro spectrum" or "arospec" for short.
  • Not all aros want QPRs. Although there is... some debate over how to refer to these types of aros, some commonly used terminology includes aplatonic, nonpartnering, or nonamorous.

Thank you! I didn’t know most of that.

1 hour ago, nonbeenary said:

Thank you! I didn’t know most of that.

If you need more info, you can search at the top of the page Aromanticism FAQ (AUREA), there there is load and loads of info. (I use it to help friends with the terms and so they can look for info)