Holmbo

Non-romantic feel good songs

Often when I want to listen to music I search for feel good playlists to find something upbeat. But it's a bit annoying how many of the songs are about romantic love. What recomendations do y'all have for feel good songs without romantic themes? I'll collect them and creat a no-romo feel good playlist :D

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I have no idea what kind of music you like so, I'm just gonna go with what I have in my own playlists. The first thing I added to my Cheer Up! playlist was Pole, by Poeta Magica. Always picks me right up. No lyrics. The rest of that playlist is mostly powermetal, like Dragonforce. Those are usually about glory, rather than romance x)

Lets see what else I have. Vottikaalina is in finnish, I have no idea what it is about. Also have some irish drinking songs about bandits, pretty upbeat. I have saved "I won't let the sun go down on me" that one is in english but I still don't really know what it's about. I think it fits the bill though.

Obviously I have no idea if any of those is your thing or the kind of 'feel good' that you're looking for, but I think I'll leave it here for now ^^

Edited by Jedi
  • Like 1

Guest KateBishop arrowace

I like the song Never Been in Love by Will Jay

On 5/3/2020 at 7:58 PM, Guest KateBishop arrowace said:

I like the song Never Been in Love by Will Jay

It is amazing!!

Fireflies by Owl City

Show Yourself  (Frozen 2)

All My Friends by Owl City

Cinematic by Owl City

Fearless by Malinda 

Fight Song (I really like the cover by Malinda and I've forgotten the original artist at the moment)

Talk to Me by Cavetown 

I'm currently really into vocaloid. The genre can do practically anything. It can create whatever genre the producer desires and it has led to the creation of all kinds of unique songs. However if you simply want upbeat and positive, those can also be found with vocaloid. Just stay away from the depressing and dark side of vocaloid if you're not really into that😅 Here's some upbeat and positive (depending on how you view positive) vocaloid songs: 

Triple Baka <-- I hope you don't mind listening to songs in a different language. Vocaloid is from Japan, afterall! 

Tell your World <-- Also in Japanese. The translation is a bit iffy but I think you'll get the point. 

Electric Angel <-- This song is about two vocaloids and the love they feel for their "creator". I don't think there are romantic connotations at all. The love expressed is more in the gratitude sense. And yay! It's not Hatsune Miku singing unlike the last two. So if you don't like Hatsune Miku's voice then here's some variation. 

😅 I tend to listen to the dark side of vocaloid which is why I've just picked some of the more popular songs with positive vibes because I don't know much more than this. There's probably waaay more out there. 

• Like 1

I suggest listening to Rina Sawayama's new album

This entire album has nothing to do with romance whatsoever. It's about dealing with racism, capitalism, and reclamation of identity. It also touches over things like missing your ex best friend, self love and chosen family. I honestly can't recall ever going through an entire album that didn't have not one love song... it actually felt really refreshing tbh.

• Like 2

My favourite is Good thing by Zedd ft. Kehlani! I've also found some aro playlists on spotify, although some of the songs on them were a bit too romantic for me, but a good starting point anyway