Morgenfluss

What is your gender? (select all you identify with)  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 12/1/2019 at 8:06 AM, nonmerci said:

Sometimes I feel like there is more non-binary or trans people here, but maybe it's because I never met in real life (I think)? Sometimes I'm wondering if aromanticism or asexuality affect gender Identity. I Don't know, but I feel like some gender coded things are linked to seduction and gender-role in a couple Not everything, of course; but for instance, it seems for me that when it comes to clothes, a feminine style is often associated with seduction (like a boyfriend complaining because his girlfriend is not feminine enough, he thinks she doesn't seduce him without "feminine" clothes).

I think that more people are out as trans/NB on the internet than in real life, especially in queer-oriented spaces.  It's easier to express your identity in a space where you aren't going to be beaten up, lose your job, etc. over it.

Historically, there have been a fair number of cultures where long hair is/was considered masculine or gender-neutral aside from the ones already mentioned on this thread.  The Celtic and Germanic tribes of Iron Age Europe had warriors with long hair- here's an example where the hairstyle was actually preserved on a bog body (spoilered for human remains).

Sikhs also don't cut their hair, but the prohibition applies to both men and women.

• Like 3

On 12/1/2019 at 1:06 PM, nonmerci said:

Sometimes I feel like there is more non-binary or trans people here, but maybe it's because I never met in real life (I think)? Sometimes I'm wondering if aromanticism or asexuality affect gender Identity. I Don't know, but I feel like some gender coded things are linked to seduction and gender-role in a couple Not everything, of course; but for instance, it seems for me that when it comes to clothes, a feminine style is often associated with seduction (like a boyfriend complaining because his girlfriend is not feminine enough, he thinks she doesn't seduce him without "feminine" clothes).

Yeah I noticed that.

Like even in the communities I am in with an overall greater number of lgbt in them and several who do identify as such (and not many straight people) here I still seem to see more people identifying as alternative identity. 

Or maybe it's more that those people are more exposed to that idea of it. There are people around who wouldn't label aromantic at all and who could theoretically fit into it. 

But yea a lot of gender coded things are linked to the whole romancing idea I think. Personally tho I wouldn't want anything to do with someone who complained just because I am not wearing the certain sort of clothes they want oof. I think some of that is just unrealistic expectations. You shouldn't have to dress or act a certain way that is not natural to you, if someone doesn't like you as an authentic person then there isn't much point. 

• Like 2