Mark

Ideal living situation.

Ideal living arrangement  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just realized that I would enjoy living with my brother. But he doesn't seem interested. :rofl: (I Don't know if he is aro or not, 29 and never seemed had a girlfriend, nor try to get one… my parents are pretty desperate). A friend or more as roomates could be fine too, but I just realized it have to be people  I really know well, not invasive (I can picture it with all of my close friends for this reason), who will respect my privacy. Like, my brother was a perfect candidate because if you don't speak to him, he will happily leave you alone.

• Like 1

I wanna live with a bunch of people but definitely not share beds, I used to have to share a bed with my sister and now I don’t like doing it with anyone because people kick in their sleep and it doesn’t feel good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/1/2019 at 1:07 AM, nolovejustlust said:

Living together as sexual partners without someone catching feelings is something I've never seen and I have trouble imagining. 

On 9/1/2019 at 6:38 AM, nonmerci said:

Well, if this is two aro allos, this is possible. And for the rest I won't speak, I know that aro allos struggle with this, but maybe someone here will tell me they succeeded to find an alloro Partner who don't catch feeling?

My living situation a couple years ago was a huge mess, but it was - for a short while at least - close enough to what's described here that I think it's worth responding.  The best bit is that it wasn't even two alloaros!

Before I realised I was aro, I was in a (supposedly) romantic relationship, and not doing a very good job of it, for obvious reasons.  My girlfriend had moved in with me, not so much because we were following the relationship escalator - things definitely had not progressed to that point, it was waaaaaay too soon - but just because I had space and she didn't have other options.  Long story short, we broke up - turns out I didn't want to be in a romantic relationship, for some unknowable reason??? - and she still didn't have options.  We worked things out, because we had to, and she ended up in an open or possibly polyamorous relationship with another person, while cohabiting and maintaining fwb with me.

This still wasn't sustainable, because she wanted to move somewhere that wouldn't make her actual SO and I super awkward for being in the same room, but yeah the non-sustainable part was the accommodation rather than the relationships.  We're still fwb, and I don't think either of us sees it working out super long term but it's still working just fine for the moment.

So yeah it might have only lasted a couple months but technically fits all the boxes: cohabiting, sexual partners that had to change things for a reason other than catching feels.

On 2/16/2020 at 1:17 AM, Fynnlee said:

I wanna live with a bunch of people but definitely not share beds, I used to have to share a bed with my sister and now I don’t like doing it with anyone because people kick in their sleep and it doesn’t feel good.

Serial sleep-kicker here, sorry not sorry, it's not something I have control over!

• Haha 1

In a group of three or more while not sharing sleeping space. Preferably with friends, because I might get lonely living alone.  But I just can't and never could understand the appeal of being that close to someone, having to wake up next to them. Also, It could be pretty annoying, having to share covers.

I had a problem with choice between 2, 3 and 5. I chose 2 but 5 would be so good too and 3 why not? ;)

I like how this poll is phrased such that not indicating anything about relationship beyond whether or not share a sleeping space, because I have complicated feelings about any sort of relationship which has changed over time, but ideal living situation has consistently been wanting to live with someone but not sharing sleeping space.

i'd rather live solo but i'd be open to the idea of living with a roommate or two (without sharing sleeping space that is)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.