First Post!

Blue Phoenix Ace

Hello everybody, this is your administrator speaking. Recently I wanted a good place to talk to others about aromanticism. The prior incarnation of Arocalypse disappeared recently as did Aroplane. I could have grabbed a brand new domain name, but there's a lot of old links around to Aromantic forums...

The Aroplane domain name was snagged up by a mining company, but Arocalypse was still open. I decided to go ahead and set all this up. (It was surprisingly easy).

This is still all under construction but feel free to open topics here while I get things setup. Stuff might move around and the look might change throughout the day.

Thanks for reading!

It looks nice so far!! I like it!! :D

When I signed up, it wouldn't let me put a space in my name for some reason... It doesn't matter too much. I decided to go with something different *wasn't thinking properly and should've stuck with StarrySky for some congruence with AVEN account* Oh well

I only use deltax on asexuality/aromantic related accounts, and I seem to be the only ace who uses the name.  My username for everything else is my IRL name, and it's frustrating how often that one is taken.

As for the forums, I'm loving them so far, even though there's only a few people here. Thanks Blue Phoenix Ace for setting this up! :)

Aww nuts I know what is wrong with the spaces. However my electricity went out and I haven't been able to do anything other than post on my phone. Hopefully I can get that fixed up later tonight.

Then again, if I don't fix it then I am special cause I got some spaces. Muahahahaha

7 minutes ago, Blue Phoenix Ace said:

OK I can administer the site from my phone but it's painful. Spaces are now valid in your name. You should be able to change it in your profile. If not let me know and I will see if I can fix the permissions for that.

I don't think we are allowed to change our usernames. At least, I haven't figured out how to, if we can.

2 minutes ago, Sprouttacus said:

Can pictures not be uploaded from mobile? I don't have regular access to a computer and I would at least like to get a profile pic up. Thanks! C> (ice cream?)

Pictures can be uploaded… I just checked. You go to your profile and click the gray-ish picture icon and options pop up.

Also, the ice cream is because it's a counterpart to AVEN's cake meme. Also, it's sort of ironic because the stereotypical breakup scene is someone crying and eating ice cream (this is making me really want ice cream gahhh).

3 minutes ago, Spud said:

Pictures can be uploaded… I just checked. You go to your profile and click the gray-ish picture icon and options pop up.

Also, the ice cream is because it's a counterpart to AVEN's cake meme. Also, it's sort of ironic because the stereotypical breakup scene is someone crying and eating ice cream (this is making me really want ice cream gahhh).

I checked, Mezzo Forte was the person who first pointed out the breakup thing

And C> is actually a pretty good ice cream symbol... that is, until we get some sort of emoji ;)

I know about the ice cream! :) I was trying to make an ice cream emoji: C> kinda looks like an ice cream cone.

I've tried to use the options, but the one that uploads an existing file doesn't open my photos, and I can't figure out how to get a URL for a picture from the internets. 

8 minutes ago, Sprouttacus said:

I know about the ice cream! :) I was trying to make an ice cream emoji: C> kinda looks like an ice cream cone.

I've tried to use the options, but the one that uploads an existing file doesn't open my photos, and I can't figure out how to get a URL for a picture from the internets. 

Oh, that emoji works! C>

Although it doesn't look too obvious at first. But it looks kind of cute, haha.

About the profile picture, I'm not really sure how it works, since I've basically just been using my computer the entire time. Maybe you should ask Blue Phoenix since he runs the site.

28 minutes ago, Blue Phoenix Ace said:

OK I can administer the site from my phone but it's painful. Spaces are now valid in your name. You should be able to change it in your profile. If not let me know and I will see if I can fix the permissions for that.

Thank you for fixing it! It doesn't seem that we can edit our names, though. This is all we can edit

Spoiler

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-02%20at%208.22.1

Just now, DannyFenton123 said:

I kinda prefer something like CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC>, know what I mean? xD

I would like this 80 times over, but I'm out of "reputations."

Archived