The Expanse tv show

Holmbo

@eatingcroutons
@DeltaV
I'm listening to a podcast about the show with one of the book writers and one of the actors and I was so happy to hear that the writer Ty Frank absolutely hates the kiss in season 2 episode 5. He goes into why it doesn't make sense and why they never intended  that moment to be romantic and the kiss makes it sexist. It's a great listen. The podcast is called Ty and that guy, I'll share a link if you're interested.

• Like 2

I love this series! However, it takes me sooo long to read the books ;))) I'm trying to read the books now before watching the last season (I've watched the fourth season before reading the fourth book and I hate that I know what is going to happen in a way... but in another way, I like there are some visible difference between the books and the series, so it's like spot the differences ;)))

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eatingcroutons said:

I'm definitely interested! 

Here ya go https://tyandthatguy.com/

On 5/28/2021 at 8:18 PM, Georgi said:

I love this series! However, it takes me sooo long to read the books ;))) I'm trying to read the books now before watching the last season (I've watched the fourth season before reading the fourth book and I hate that I know what is going to happen in a way... but in another way, I like there are some visible difference between the books and the series, so it's like spot the differences ;)))

I've only read up to book four. So far I feel the story works better as a show. But I usually like my book sci-fi either weirder or more about social dynamics. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hmm, not sure whether it's okay to write about this here, but don't know where else ;)))

So I kind of liked how the relationship between Amos and Clarissa developed in the fifth season of the tv-show. Then I didn't give much attention when I was reading books 5 and 6, as I didn't like them that much, but as book 7 is so refreshing, I started giving more attention to details again.

So, maybe a little bit of a spoiler (though I don't know if they are going to mention anything in the movies about this, given there will be no more seasons -for now- until the sixth one), but I think the relationship between Amos and Clarissa may be sort of a qpr? (the action in book seven happens after 30 years after the events from the tv show).

Spoiler

Screenshot_2021-11-25-05-35-32-471_com.prestigio.ereader.jpg

Also, for my post to connect more with this post, I'm really looking forward to season 6 ;)))

Edited by Georgi