Celebrity squishes?

Holmbo

We often hear about allos having celebrity crushes so I was wondering is there something similar with squishes. Have you experienced it?
The whole concept kinda baffles me but maybe it's cause I don't understand crushes overall.

I have never experienced crush nor squish on a celebrity, but also I don't understand how it works. I just wonder how can you have a crush/squish on a person that you don't know? I thought that first you need some kind of acquaintanceship with someone... 

I don't know if it counts but I've seen quite a lot of interviews and livestreams with Matthew Daddario lately and he seems like such a nice and fun person and I'd love to get to know him :D don't know whether that's anywhere near a squish but I guess it's somewhat similar ^-^

I think I have, but it's usually not very intense or long lasting. Sometimes after seeing a movie I'll be super into a character/their actor for a bit, really admire them and want to know more about them. Usually it goes away within a few days because I would never actually have the chance to meet them. Not sure if that counts? But maybe there's a spectrum of intensity of squishes so they're just really mild ones

• 2 weeks later...

The reason I started the post was actually because I heard an interview with Sean Gunn where he was talking about his love for math, cats and rap. That's such an awesome combination and he seems like a really nice and enjoyable person. I've never been one to think about the kind of hypotheticals about "which celebrity would you invite to your dinner party" because I don't feel like I will enjoy hanging out with a person just cause I enjoy their work. Imagining inviting someone to my celebrity dinner party is the furthers I've gotten to a celebrity crush.

This makes me want to create another post where people are to post their celebrity dinners. 

• 3 months later...
On 6/1/2017 at 1:09 AM, sweetbitter said:

I just wonder how can you have a crush/squish on a person that you don't know? I thought that first you need some kind of acquaintanceship with someone... 

for me, i can feel like i do know who they are as a person even if they (obviously) don't know me.  for example, my biggest squish of all time, dan howell (you know, the youtuber?).  actually he's an example of what i call an aro crush, which entails platonic and sexual attraction, whereas a squish is just platonic (right?).  he and phil (on whom i do have a bit of a squish), i've been watching their videos for over 2 years, all those hundreds of them, i've read their book, seen them on tour, etc.  i'm confident in my assertion that they're truly kind, funny, smart, creative, and amazing people.  and dan's hot.  same with some band members, i've seen a bunch of interviews, maybe concerts, and more.  i actually have a squish on a girl whose youtube channel i've only been following for a couple months (she's not famous) and i don't know what she looks like.  i join the chats in her live streams and always have a great time.  she seems really cool and we have stuff in common.  so yeah, that's how it works for me.  of course, seeing and talking to them irl is nice, but not always necessary.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Usually in the same way a young boy would idolize a sports player. Most of my celebrity squishes are admirations for particular rugby players (I admire many paralympians also like Ellie Simmons - she actually got me watching swimming of all sports!!!), or how a cool guitarist would be admired which is my other usual category. 

And I used to have a massive squish on both Buffy the vampire slayer (though not Sarah Michelle Gellar) and Spike from the same programme (but not the actor). It was all about how cool the characters were.

I had a massive squish on Stacey Dooley when she was on Strictly last year, she just came across as fun and overly likeable. I also like watching some of  the dancers because they are beautiful to watch dancing. Obviously I don't understand the chemistry side of things that the judges harp on about all the time though!!!

i call a celebrity squish someone that i would like to know better, be friends with or know in a personal way (usually i admire those people), so I'd say that it's someone that i find interesting, my "biggest" celebrity squish is the actor David Mazouz because of his personality and i admire him for his work.

At the moment Amber Liu is my biggest celebrity squish. She just seems like a cool person to hang out with so if I got a chance to meet her it would be cool if we got to be friends but that probably won’t happen.

This probably doesn't come off as a surprise but I would love to experience the kind of friendship or activities that Dan and Phil interact with each other. Even better if I'm ever befriended by them!

On 4/15/2019 at 12:48 AM, Arostar said:

This probably doesn't come off as a surprise but I would love to experience the kind of friendship or activities that Dan and Phil interact with each other. Even better if I'm ever befriended by them!

same, i love their friendship.  i already have an amazing best friend but yeah, they're great together.  and i know i've said this but dan is my #1 celeb squish.  i'd go allo for him ? jokes, i just love him a lot

Archived