Aro-ace safe musicals?

arorocks

• 3 months later...

slightly disheartening there are no comments......but I can't think of one. I love musicals because the songs make the romance scenes more tolerable....but maybe that is just what I watch...

Some Musicals with minor romance in them:

Matilda (barely any between her parents)

Sweeney Todd 

Lion King the Musical

The Little Shop of Horrors 

the opera Akhnaten is fairly ambiguous about romance even though he has 2 wives, but it is very much an opera. 

Apparently there is now an opera of Hamlet out there, and I can't imagine that having much romance. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wizard of oz

Maybe Wicked? I haven't seen it but it doesn't seem like there'd be much romance in a prequel about an evil witch. But maybe she was just evil cause she got dumped by her boyfriend or something. Can't say for sure that's not the case ;)

Cats, only has a little bit

Billy Eliot

Bye Bye Birdie has romance in it, but it's really funny because it's the kind that everyone is laughing at instead of saying "awwwww". It's mostly making fun of love in my interpretation.

On 30/08/2017 at 4:13 AM, Holmbo said:

Maybe Wicked? I haven't seen it but it doesn't seem like there'd be much romance in a prequel about an evil witch. But maybe she was just evil cause she got dumped by her boyfriend or something. Can't say for sure that's not the case ;)

seen it twice

There is a romantic relationship, and jealousy, and a sort of love song. There is an implied night of passion and a break up. But yeah, it is mostly about friendship and self-esteem and standing up for what you believe in with a little love triangle thrown in

Archived