Who is mr Squiggles?

Since joining this site I've noticed the Mr squiggles icons, profile pictures and emoticons.. I assume it has something to do with Aromanticism, maybe a mascot or something..?

So who is Mr squiggles??

:arocapapo:

Mr. Squiggle is an Australian children's television series, and the name of the title character from that ABC show. The show was presented on television in many formats, between 1959 and 1999, from five-minute slots to a one-and-a-half hour variety show featuring other performers, and has had several name changes, originally airing as Mr. Squiggle and Friends. At its height, the program was one of the most popular children's programs in Australia and toured theatre and conventions, entertaining several generations who grew with the program. It became one of the longest running children's programs on Australian television.

Sources: Wikipedia

On 5/11/2017 at 10:39 AM, SamwiseLovesLife said:

Since joining this site I've noticed the Mr squiggles icons, profile pictures and emoticons.. I assume it has something to do with Aromanticism, maybe a mascot or something..?

So who is Mr squiggles??

:arocapapo:

You are my new favourite person

• 2 months later...
On 15/05/2017 at 11:51 PM, brsajo said:

Mr. Squiggle is an awesome Australian children's television series, and the name of the title character from that ABC show. The show was presented on television in many formats, between 1959 and 1999, from five-minute slots to a one-and-a-half hour variety show featuring other performers, and has had several name changes, originally airing as Mr. Squiggle and Friends. At its height, the program was the most popular children's programs in Australia and toured nationally to full theatres and conventions, entertaining several generations who grew with the program. It became one of the longest running children's programs on Australian television. Still beloved by many. 

Sources: Wikipedia

Corrected the Wikipedia errors for you (in bold)

The papo thing is interesting though I still feel I don't understand it, learning what it means in other cultures in interesting though!

Archived