Hey there friends!

Lizz

7 hours ago, Lizz said:

I had always never gotten why people wanted romance over a strong friendship or why I was forbidden from hanging out with boys outside of school. I had never been interested when people talked about their datemates finally saying 'I love you' or giving them flowers. 

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

7 hours ago, Lizz said:

I'd describe my attraction/identify kind like this. If I have a best friend I'll put them above all else and be their shoulder to cry on and such. But I've always been one who has really 'intense friendships' as people around me called them.

Double same

What's an otaku? Also, tokophobia? Vocab lesson please :)

Hi, I'm Sam. Ace, Grey-Aro (I think). I like animals, the outdoors, sunshine and mint tea. Also fantasy books with no romance. I work in a prison, I travel allot. I live with a dog and miss my cat (who lives with my family) terribly. Her name is cat.

@SamwiseLovesLife

Otaku- Japanese term for someone who loves anime and/or manga. In my case both.

Tokophobia- Fear of pregnancy and childbirth.

Good to met you! I've seen you around AVEN. Maybe you could give me some book recommendations. It's hard to find books without romance. The closest I've gotten is a psychology text book. I don't mind romance but it's nice to read something without having to sit through the characters being all romantic.

20 minutes ago, Lizz said:

Maybe you could give me some book recommendations. It's hard to find books without romance. The closest I've gotten is a psychology text book. I don't mind romance but it's nice to read something without having to sit through the characters being all romantic.

I actually made a thread about this :) http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/154570-new-thread-best-books-for-aromantics/

Here's a good link- http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/36754.Epic_Fantasy_with_little_to_no_romance

A great one I read recently was Clariel by Garth Nix. I've heard others have mixed reviews but I loved it, and she is quite clearly Aro/Ace :) Magick and dragons and a girl who just doesn't get romance and social hierarchy. Love it

Archived