AHHHHHH

Sorry for shouting. But I just read this post-

http://cornfllaakes.tumblr.com/post/160217022679/lizardsister-straightallies-pluckydoodle 

and I cannot understand how people cannot just maybe Google queer platonic instead of dismissing it out of hand. Do they not realize there's a whole group of marginalized people who would not like you to make crappy jokes about their language/relationships? You don't have to understand QPRs at all to respect that they're how some people like to define their relationships and it's not up to you to police how someone defines their personal relationships. And one of the people's url was straitallies! Like you're not being an ally if you're only being an ally to those parts of the LGBT+ community you deem appropriate (I know there's some debate as to whether we are part of the LGBT community but still). Ugh it just made me mad at how people can be so dismissive of something they don't know anything about. Am I over exaggerating here?

I saw something in the problem page from a recent Sun newspaper today about this guy meeting an openly polyamorous woman on a date, whom he really liked but was on the verge of walking away - he considered her 'unfaithful' because she wouldn't commit to being a monogamous partner (maybe just consider this is how some people are wired?). Then the agony aunt replied with the implication she needed counselling to change her ways so she could commit to one person :facepalm: That's the moment I folded it and put it in the bottom of a bird cage (about all that rag is good for anyway).

While I do get how he feels as I'm monogamous as well, I still find it offensive/ignorant that polygamous people are judged as having commitment issues (mind you, I have found that's pretty much an "aro/ace/LGBT-phobe" Bingo square on its own lol). As long as the people involved are consenting and communicate their intentions, it's not cheating.

So yeah, while this is a little unrelated I do feel you. Rule number 2 of having a sane life: don't read newspaper relationship agony aunt pages...

I clicked it and just went to some bogstandard Tumblr and my first thought was "wait, hashtags can't have spaces, otherwise they're just regular tags," and if someone was actually making an edgy joke then that's cool but instant dismissal is so annoying.

1 hour ago, Untamed Heart said:

I saw something in the problem page from a recent Sun newspaper today about this guy meeting an openly polyamorous woman on a date, whom he really liked but was on the verge of walking away -

What previous events could have possibly led to your eyes meeting that insult to trees and squids?

When are people going to get it through their thick skulls that a QPR and a friendship are not the same thing... Like, you don't have to really understand it or want it yourself, but it costs 0 dollars and 0 cents to let people define their relationships however they want lmao

People (and by people I mean tumblr) will just take any excuse they can to belittle aro/ace people tbh lmao every time some tumblr user calls aro or ace people "aceys" a part of my soul dies and ten years get taken off of my life

I’m all for “queering” things up and all that jazz… But I can’t deny that this is 100% just describing a friendship

Yeah, I'm all for "romanticizing" things and all that jazz... But I can't deny that [romance] is 100% just describing a friendship

See, I can't see a fucking difference so why the hell would anyone else be able to?

On 2.5.2017 at 4:35 PM, Space Triangle Goddess said:

Rule number 1 of having a sane life: don't go on tumblr.

lol I actually use it on a daily basis, the trick is to not look at stupid shit but only , in my case, design, photography, art and interesting stuff..^^

look, just a collection of cool pictures, it's great for that purpose http://thtflng.tumblr.com/:D

On 5/2/2017 at 10:35 AM, Space Triangle Goddess said:

Rule number 1 of having a sane life: don't go on tumblr.

23 minutes ago, timo0815 said:

lol I actually use it on a daily basis, the trick is to not look at stupid shit but only , in my case, design, photography, art and interesting stuff..^^

look, just a collection of cool pictures, it's great for that purpose http://thtflng.tumblr.com/:D

There goes 99% of the site.

I actually saw a similar post on another site (it was a screenshot of tumblr posted somewhere else). Pretty much the same reactions as on this post. That just seems to be a common reaction for allos when they learn about QPRs outside of the context of learning about aromanticism.

Past a certain point of stupidity, my only way of coping with things is by engaging my snark response.

That being said, as a Linux user, I expected nothing better from someone who has their blog theme set to look like Windows XP.

Archived