Ay yo what up

JoanieDark

Hey there, I'm JD, nice to meetcha. 

I'm some genderless draconic godbeast who is in training to talk to dead people for a living. I enjoy short walks on the beach and washing all the damn sand outta my shoes.

Ok, nah, I'm more into like, nerdy shit and goth fashion and spooky monsters, but hey. Gotta make it sound like a cheesy dating profile. My hobbies include writing terrible smut, playing/DMing D&D, craft beer tasting, and collecting way too much merch from various fandoms. I'm a Texan heathen planning on heading in a Northwesterly direction next year after I graduate.

どうぞ よろしく

Um, welcome to arocalypse :aroicecream::aropride::arocapapo::beer:

(the beer is not an aro thing, but you mentioned beer, so)

2 hours ago, JoanieDark said:

who is in training to talk to dead people for a living.

And how do the dead people feel about you doing it 'for a living'? Sounds like you aren't really on their side! :P

Thank you!

And I'm studying for my certification in Mortuary Science, haha. I'm sure they're ok with me prettying them up and stickin' them in the dirt. :P They don't need me joining them any time soon.

Heyy, another RPG player! I haven't done much DnD recently, except for DMing a stupid post-apocalyptic one-shot, but I have been playing a lot of 7th Sea, a homebrew Harry Potter larp, and a Fate game based on a long-running inside joke about gas aliens and lizard people.

15 hours ago, starstuff said:

Craft beer and D&D.  I like this site already.  Stouts, ales, IPAs?

I'm mostly a red/golden ale kid, but I'm also fond of tripels, kolche, and weird flavored beers

@JoanieDarkMy friend just introduced me to Brewer's Alley Kolsch.  I think it's an import from Germany directly and pretty good.  I'd never had a kolsch before, I tend toward IPAS usually.

Allagash Brewery in Maine and Heavy Seas Beer in Maryland are also good if you like trying different breweries.

I never really liked hoppy beer til I ate some hops in brewing class, haha. My typical Kolsch is St. Arnold's Santo, since it's local and easy to acquire :P I should try Brewer's Alley.

Ha ha.  Love me some hops and citrus.  I'll keep st. Arnolds in mind, see if it's available locally.

Brewing classes sound fun.  My dad actual makes his own beer and cider so I get to try all his experiments. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

AH I haven't been here in a while, discovered people talkin' to me still!

On 4/18/2017 at 7:56 PM, starstuff said:

Ha ha.  Love me some hops and citrus.  I'll keep st. Arnolds in mind, see if it's available locally.

Brewing classes sound fun.  My dad actual makes his own beer and cider so I get to try all his experiments. :D

It's totally a good brewery! Houston has too many breweries in all fairness. :P I really need to brew more, but I really think I should try mead making at some point too.

On 4/27/2017 at 4:10 PM, James said:

DnD, eh? Which version(s)? 

5e; I tried 3.5 and got pissed off because confirming crits is bull. I spend way too much time scouring Unearthed Arcana and DMsGuild.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/19/2017 at 9:39 PM, JoanieDark said:

5e; I tried 3.5 and got pissed off because confirming crits is bull. I spend way too much time scouring Unearthed Arcana and DMsGuild.

@James

Nice.  I play 5e too.  Never tried 3.5;  from what I've heard there's way too many rules and tiny sub-rules and whatnot.  The point is to have fun... :P

Too many rules is right. There is a table of penalties to attack rolls based on wind speed, and that's just in the main DMG. The optional expansion and addon books make everything insane. That complexity is kind of why I like it, but also why I hate it. I've been meaning to try 5e because it sounds like a lot less of a humongous pain. Also cantrips can be cast without preparation, which is the BEST. 

Also, please pardon me @JoanieDark while I take over your introduction thread with an army of tabletop gaming nerds :D

Archived