What are you doing for Aromantic Spectrum Awareness Week?

techno

Aromantic Week is coming up the week after Valentine's Day!

Is anyone doing anything to celebrate, like making something, dressing in pride colors, spreading awareness, coming out, etc.? Feel free to share!

I'm planning on drawing my arospec OCs in pride shirts; I'm hoping to be able to get my hands on an "Aro As Hell and Feelin' Swell" tshirt for myself before then.

Other than that, I'm gonna talk to the leader of my college's aromantic and asexual group this week and see what we can do; I thinking of suggesting we do an ice-cream social or something.

I might come out. I've been dropping hints to my parents that I'm not straight and that I don't want a significant other/kids for the past couple months so I think it's time to tell them directly.

I think I might wear a pride bracelet in the hope that someone notices it and asks about it, so I can subtly come out to them and educate them and spread awareness. Maybe I'll also tell people not that subtly about it. Who knows, I guess I'll just do what I can and what I'll be comfortable with.

(Also maybe but just maybe I could tell a few people about Arocalypse who might be interested in joining... just maybe. I'm not making any promises)

I'd like to do something but I'm not sure of what. I'm not really much for displaying personal stuff in public. Not just about orientation but my viewpoints and likes in general. Maybe I'll just go on some different internet forums that could somehow be said to relate to aromanticism and post "happy aromantic awareness week" with some links to explanations :D

I'll just eat so much icecream. Maybe get that 10L tub of rainbow icecream I've been threatening to buy. How is this awareness? Well when people ask why I'm all fat all of a sudden, I'll blame it on being aromantic.

Hmm. Maybe that's not particularly good awareness...

I've kicked around the idea of buying an aro shirt from redbubble or something, but plus size t shirts from the internet are sized by lottery or something, and end up costing more to boot. 

Not like anyone around me even knows about romantic orientation. I've still had to remind people that bisexuals exist, soooooo yeah.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I didn't realize that was a thing!

I came out to my host-dad yesterday. I was waffling about coming out to him for Valentine's Day for a while, and then I had a good opening when I mentioned that my little sister's best friend was non-binary and he looked it up right then and there to better educate himself and he was really good about and said (in German of course) "OK, I learned something new" and I was like so um if you wanna learn something else new and came out.

I don't want to be out at school. Maybe I'll just wear my pride necklace for a week.

Hopefully come out to my mum and maybe my brother too because I'm going home at the end of this week, wanted to do that since a very long time and it just fits :)

Other than that I've drawn a big aro heart in my little calendar/notebook if that counts :D

On 1/22/2017 at 8:53 PM, CakeSpadeAroAce said:

I might come out. I've been dropping hints to my parents that I'm not straight and that I don't want a significant other/kids for the past couple months so I think it's time to tell them directly.

15 hours ago, Quasar.w said:

Hopefully come out to my mum and maybe my brother too because I'm going home at the end of this week, wanted to do that since a very long time and it just fits :)

Other than that I've drawn a big aro heart in my little calendar/notebook if that counts :D

Good luck to you both! It can be very difficult to come out but I think in general it is a positive experience for people.

18 hours ago, Ettina said:

I've been looking for stuff to post each day. But struggling to find things which are well written and not aro ace.

I changed my facebook and instagram profile pic to one that has the aro flag in it. Someone said people could use it, so I did. Also, made a post on facebook about it and the flag. Made a blog post basically just devoted to it. And, joined Arocalypse. :D That's all so far. Drawing something sounds like it'd be interesting...Haven't done so in a long time, and having it be related to this would be cool.

Archived