Aromantic Character Headcanons

Antimony from Gunnerkrigg Court is so heavily implied to be aro (no romantic interest so far and awkwardness around potential partners, her fear of losing her friends to their romantic partners) that I'm honestly not sure if it's headcanon or straight up canon any more. I might cry if the comic eventually pairs her up unless she goes through some typical aro problems with it.

Katniss Everdeen also seems like a pretty solid aroace. I know there's some stuff that seemingly contradicts that, but... does it really?

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Lynx said:

Antimony from Gunnerkrigg Court is so heavily implied to be aro (no romantic interest so far and awkwardness around potential partners, her fear of losing her friends to their romantic partners) that I'm honestly not sure if it's headcanon or straight up canon any more. I might cry if the comic eventually pairs her up unless she goes through some typical aro problems with it.

omg you like gunnerkrigg court???? annie is Definitely aro-ace, this last chapter all but confirmed it. i especially loved the conversation she and kat had when kat started going out with paz (the whole thing with being afraid of losing her best friend to a romantic relationship)!!! honestly im a lil bit annoyed at the people whove been talking about how the latest chapter didnt have a purpose and was mostly filler but i love it & its basically impossible to say shes not aro anymore

• Like 3

man i love me some aromantic dean winchester

i also think dr. house from house m.d. shouldve been aro but they put him with cuddy and i am So Mad

summer from rick and morty strikes me as an aro kinda chick. and rick is def requiesromantic

kyoya from ouran high school host club? aro. 100%

sebastian from black butler? also aro. 110% and ciel too. but ciel is also ace where seb is more like... gray-pansexual i think

alejandro from total drama (aka... my bae) shouldve been aro but since the writers decided to stick him with heather for some reason (smh) i guess i'll just have to say grayromantic

jake english from homestuck seems p aromantic to me but like.... romance-positive, so he's cool with being in romantic relationships. john egbert? also aromantic. maybe romance-neutral??? and for some reason ive always associated nepeta with aromanticism even though she's got a big thing for karkat. perhaps it's just the presence of the color green. idk

light yagami and L from death note are both aroace

eren jeager? aro. so aro.

the red guy from dont hug me im scared, even. i just get aro vibes from him dont ask me why

wow i have so many im sorry u guys

• Like 6

8 hours ago, sovereign of viridiplantae said:

jake english from homestuck seems p aromantic to me but like.... romance-positive, so he's cool with being in romantic relationships. john egbert? also aromantic. maybe romance-neutral??? and for some reason ive always associated nepeta with aromanticism even though she's got a big thing for karkat. perhaps it's just the presence of the color green. idk

definitely omg but idk if i would call jake romance-positive? yeah he was in a relationship with dirk for such a long time but it was really bad for him (for a number of reasons). id categorize him more as romance-neutral tbh

john is totally aro. definitely. maybe grayro because i can see that too but he's on the aro spectrum

& ive never really considered nepeta before but it would actually make a lot of sense if she was? her longest-lasting relationship (though romantic by troll standards, as moirallegiance is classified as romance) is largely associated with a qpr and youre definitely onto something there!

• Like 2

On 2016. 04. 10. at 0:16 AM, Lynx said:

Katniss Everdeen also seems like a pretty solid aroace. I know there's some stuff that seemingly contradicts that, but... does it really?

I agree. Like where? (No, not in the movies. The books. There is nothing romantic in the books  :eyebrow: )

• Like 1

On April 10, 2016 at 4:16 PM, Lynx said:

:o Another person reads Gunnerkrigg Court! Yeah, Antimony is very aro.

Also Seven of Nine from Star Trek: Voyager is aro/ace.

And I have more Star Trek headcanons. A lot of them....

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Sentient Android said:

Also Seven of Nine from Star Trek: Voyager is aro/ace.

And I have more Star Trek headcanons. A lot of them....

Go on:D

I'll start:

I watched DS9 years ago, but I think Odo is canonly ace? But I guess he is kinda arospec as well? Like grey or something?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cassiopeia said:

I agree. Like where? (No, not in the movies. The books. There is nothing romantic in the books  :eyebrow: )

VAGUE HUNGER GAMES SPOILERS

Very end of the last book, though I realise now I don't have to justify my reasoning extensively since I'm surrounded by people who actually understand that settling down with someone =/= romance. I also haven't seen the films, so I don't really understand your comment - I understand they decided they needed more of a ~love story~ to sell the films? Seems ironic.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lynx said:

VAGUE HUNGER GAMES SPOILERS

Very end of the last book, though I realise now I don't have to justify my reasoning extensively since I'm surrounded by people who actually understand that settling down with someone =/= romance. I also haven't seen the films, so I don't really understand your comment - I understand they decided they needed more of a ~love story~ to sell the films? Seems ironic.

Exactly. It was not romantic in the books. But you can feel the healing, and its realistic.

In the movie, there is this cheesy lighting, like its some Kitschy Countryside Life photo shoot for some perfume advert and as far as I remember, she narrates it as well.¬¬

Its just out of place. There is no arch, just bamm, there you go, they live the happy settled life?:eyebrow:

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Cassiopeia said:

I'll start:

I watched DS9 years ago, but I think Odo is canonly ace? But I guess he is kinda arospec as well? Like grey or something?

I totally headcanon him as ace/aro, and I think the writers meant for him to be like that too, but as far as I know, no one actually says "asexual" or "aromantic" in canon. Same with Data from TNG.

I also kinda think of Captain Janeway as ace/aro, or maybe demi, because she pointedly never has any relationships with anyone.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cassiopeia said:

I'll start:

I was thinking that he was aro/ace myself recently

1 minute ago, Tal Shi'ar said:

I was thinking that he was aro/ace myself recently

He hasn't said the term ace, because its a sci fi, and he wasn't raised on Earth but he describes/prompts it.

He says he isn't interested in sex, and finds it like low key gross.

• Like 2

Well of course he wouldn't say it, aro/ace isn't that well known term. Since his species doesn't reproduce sexually nor do they usually form romantic relationships, it's understandable that he his naturally aro/ace, even if he didn't know the terms.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tal Shi'ar said:

Well of course he wouldn't say it, aro/ace isn't that well known term. Since his species doesn't reproduce sexually nor do they usually form romantic relationships, it's understandable that he his naturally aro/ace, even if he didn't know the terms.

Yes, the same thing goes for the Timelords in Doctor Who.

• Like 1

Lord Vetinari from The Discworld Series, because he never experiences any romantic feelings/interest in anyone, and when he talks about women, it's in a strictly political context. He isn't particularly emotionally close to any individual either, except for his dog.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, omitef said:

Lord Vetinari from The Discworld Series, because he never experiences any romantic feelings/interest in anyone, and when he talks about women, it's in a strictly political context. He isn't particularly emotionally close to any individual either, except for his dog.

omg yes someone else who reads Terry! :D

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 46odnetnin said:

Cannot decide between Rincewind, Death and Vimes. They're all so good

Ahhh I started off hating Rincewind, but then I fell in love with him after reading Sourcery. I still gotta read more about him, but my squish really wants me to finish the Night Watch series, so I'm reading that first. Death is really funny! And Vimes gets cooler the more you get to know him. But my heart will always belong to the Luggage. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, omitef said:

Ahhh I started off hating Rincewind, but then I fell in love with him after reading Sourcery. I still gotta read more about him, but my squish really wants me to finish the Night Watch series, so I'm reading that first. Death is really funny! And Vimes gets cooler the more you get to know him. But my heart will always belong to the Luggage. 

Yes Luggage is amazing, the amount of expression Terry can put into an object with no face is so good! And yeah you really gotta read the night watch stuff its brilliant. Going postal and making money are two of my favourites :3

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, eddie said:

First I admit I've seen Frozen. I notice everyone makes a big deal about Elsa but I actually saw Kristoff as aromantic. He seemed pretty content just living his life with Sven and didn't seem to have any romantic inclinations toward Anna. They of course ruin it in the end though. 

!!! This is so true!! Never thought about it like that before. :D:o 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rising Sun said:

Now that i think about it, Kristoff would make a very good example of a demiromantic guy.

Or at least somewhere on the aro spectrum. He could even be a romance-favorable aro.

• Like 3