Aromantic Character Headcanons

2 hours ago, Rythian said:

Also, Sherlock is ace/aro, you can kinda see why I think that. I also think he's in a qpr with Jawn bab ~~

i see him as demiromantic :0 but since im aro & i love sherlock i see him as aro too

• Like 1

I think Spock and Jim in Star Trek TOS have some extremely strong aro vibes.

I mean they are in a canon QPP. Jim Kirk is pretty much pansexual, and Spock...well he is an alien, with quite different standard behaviours and ways of expressing himself. They are friends in an exceptionally intense way, as Gene defined it, they are each others t'hy'la. That means something along the lines of a "friend/brother/lover" type of relationship in an extraterrestrial alien culture. Anyway, I think it sounds a lot better than zucchini...though I have no idea how to actually pronounce it :P

Also, Katniss from the Hunger Games. Okay, she totally has PTSD-related things as well, but I think she isn't really romantically into any of those two guys.

The Doctor from Doctor Who, he/they are soo ace, and mostly aro too, depending on what regeneration. There is quite a bit of more or less canon material that supports the theory.

• Like 8

there is some amedot in here so

hey look, it's me, throwing my opinions into the ring that nobody particularly asked for but look I headcanon Peridot from Steven universe as quiromantic, wtfromantic, unable to determine platonic from romantic.

she doesn't seem to be able to tell that amethyst seems to be hitting on her a bit, and doesn't seem to know what to do if she did in fact realize that, and she gets kind of flustered around amethyst, and stuff

THIS IS NOT WELL PUT TOGETHER I GET THAT I TRIED THO IM NOT GOOD AT THIS

• Like 4

I heartily agree with the aro!Rey, Dean, and Katniss headcanons! I'm so here for that! 

I was thinking Clarke Griffin from the 100 could be aromantic or somewhere on the spectrum. I'm half a season behind on my viewing so I don't know what she's been up to recently, but it seems to me that romantically coded actions were incidental rather than romantically inspired, if that makes any sense. She's more focused on keeping her kids alive and doing what she has to do to live than worrying about Finn's (or anyone else's) feelings. Her and Bellamy more or less have a qpr going on (excluding the latest season, again).

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, hangryeowyn said:

I heartily agree with the aro!Rey, Dean, and Katniss headcanons! I'm so here for that! 

I was thinking Clarke Griffin from the 100 could be aromantic or somewhere on the spectrum. I'm half a season behind on my viewing so I don't know what she's been up to recently, but it seems to me that romantically coded actions were incidental rather than romantically inspired, if that makes any sense. She's more focused on keeping her kids alive and doing what she has to do to live than worrying about Finn's (or anyone else's) feelings. Her and Bellamy more or less have a qpr going on (excluding the latest season, again).

Hmmm… I would have to say I disagree with you on this one. You should catch up on the last few seasons ;) 

10 minutes ago, Spud said:

Hmmm… I would have to say I disagree with you on this one. You should catch up on the last few seasons ;) 

I'm only behind a little bit! Last bit I watched was the season 3 premier. Some might say she loved Finn and loves Lexa. I say she cares about them but doesn't love them romantically. Her people come first (er, so far).

8 minutes ago, hangryeowyn said:

I'm only behind a little bit! Last bit I watched was the season 3 premier. Some might say she loved Finn and loves Lexa. I say she cares about them but doesn't love them romantically. Her people come first (er, so far).

Yes, I know you are only a small bit behind, but a lot of stuff happens in Season 3. O.o Trust me.

Just now, Spud said:

Yes, I know you are only a small bit behind, but a lot of stuff happens in Season 3. O.o Trust me.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo it was so close! I had it! I had this headcanon in my arms and now it's gone! :( Damn you, writers!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, hangryeowyn said:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo it was so close! I had it! I had this headcanon in my arms and now it's gone! :( Damn you, writers!

Don't worry! I'm sure there's someone in this show with aromantic tendencies. Ummm… how about… Bellamy?

2 minutes ago, Spud said:

Don't worry! I'm sure there's someone in this show with aromantic tendencies. Ummm… how about… Bellamy?

I could see that. I mean he had that one chick who died (Gina? idk) but eh overall he doesn't seem into romantic stuff.

When I first saw this topic my first thought was aromantic dean winchester. I know a lot of people already mentioned aro!dean, but here's my addition: I absolutely love the idea of dean, sam, and cas in a QPR.  Before cas, it was just sam and dean; the two of them against the world. Sam could always tell when dean was having a bad day, and would make sure to sit a little bit closer, leave his hand on his shoulder a lil bit longer. And if at the end of the day sam rested his head on dean's shoulder,  well he was just tired from a LONG day of researching at the library. Because dean needs those little touches, those little assurances. But it's not just dean.  When sam has a particularly bad nightmare, dean will crawl into sam bed and wrap his arms around him and whisper "it's okay" and "I'm right here" like a mantra until sam eventually falls back to sleep. And then cas comes into the picture, and at first it's weird. It had always been just sam and dean, but now there was someone else in the picture. But in the end it worked it's self out one evening while they were "forcing" cas to marathon the Star Wars movies with them. Dean was sitting on the couch with sam on his right, half asleep with his head on dean's lap, and cas on his left, his right arm around dean's shoulder, and his left gently brushing through sam's hair. "This seems to have a calming effect on him, dean". Of course dean already already knew that, but the dorky smile on cas' face was worth it. The next morning when he woke up, with sam still passed out across his lap, and his head resting against cas' shoulder, he realized that this is all he needed. This was his normal. And he is going to do everything in his power to protect his little bit of normal- the two most important people in his life.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean for this to get so long. I just really love the idea of Team Free Will in a QPR :D

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, hangryeowyn said:

I could see that. I mean he had that one chick who died (Gina? idk) but eh overall he doesn't seem into romantic stuff.

Oh yeah. Shoot I forgot about her O.o He could still be demi or gray though. Also, I don't think Monty has been in any relationships (correct me if I'm wrong— I haven't watched the show in a while).

Just now, Spud said:

Oh yeah. Shoot I forgot about her O.o He could still be demi or gray though. Also, I don't think Monty has been in any relationships (correct me if I'm wrong— I haven't watched the show in a while).

Uuuh, I'm ashamed to admit I can't remember any interactions with Monty other than with Jasper... :$

• Like 1

I think that Rey has a thing for ball-shaped droids and that Disney will use the next few movies to give the droidsexual community some exposure.

But in all seriousness, Rey's character is totally aro-ace. That said, the Finn/Rey arc is inevitable, they'll get slammed PR-wise if they don't do it.

• Like 2

I know that this is a bad example, but Mrs Coulter in His dark materials fits the aromantic definition. It's said that she never actually fell in love with anyone, and implied that her only relationships other than with Lyra are interested.

• Like 3

Also Shane from the L word. She might not be full-on aro, but I think we can say she is on the spectrum.

She was definitely aro-coded.

Anyway, not exactly a positive role model, I can thank this show for half of my aro identity related insecurities.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2016 at 7:52 PM, Sindonyx said:

I headcanon Peridot from Steven universe as quiromantic, wtfromantic, unable to determine platonic from romantic.

seconded!!!! ive headcanoned this from the get-go & im glad people agree with me :o 

• Like 3