Squish Thread!

Spud

On 2016-11-26 at 10:51 PM, brsajo said:

If I've interacted with you and you left a good impression, I probably have at least a little squish on you. So that's most of you. Yes, you. I platonically love you! :arolovepapo:

Obviously, if I don't know someone beyond their name, I won't have any feelings towards them but if I have seen someone around and approve of how they interact with people, I will generally develop an admiration and desire to become close(er) to them. I often feel disconnected from other people because of a combination of this constant desire to be closer and my inability to do so most of the time. The few times I have, those people have become my best friends; the ones I know will be my friend no matter what. That said, I still desire to be closer with my best friends.

Also hav cute birb

cafb188db146c684cbaf300c1817d076-dadavp5

This is totally me. It's always getting me in trouble with my non-aro friends too because I squish hard. Hello all!

• 2 months later...

So I am really bad at keeping in contact with friends when they move out of state, which my squish now has. But we only need to be together 4 hours and we can finish each other's sentences just like when we were inseparable when we lived 5 streets from each other. She views my family as hers as she has no extended family and wanted to 'try' grandparents :P   

Not that difficult : I'm squishing basically everyone that is nice to me. Heck, you don't have to talk to me : if I like what you are, I squish you, simple as that.

On 20/06/2017 at 1:28 PM, Momo said:

If I've interacted with you and you left a good impression, I probably have at least a little squish on you. So that's most of you. Yes, you. I platonically love you! 

Yes to that ! I'll rejoin you in the ''I platonically love all of you'' group

• 3 months later...

I have a squishy squish on my co-worker and she's also queer, but she's expressed confusion about the aro/ace community and QPPs. I want to tell her I want to be her best friend but it feels so weird. I also work in a diversity/social justice education center, all of my co-workers are queer, one is ace, but I feel very romance/sex isolated in the space sometimes as the "token straight", even trapped sometimes by my sexual identity in the space, because my romantic identity is more important. 

She never makes me feel bad about being  "straight" and I think she has healthy platonic relationships with her other friends, but I'm still nervous because of the QPP thing. I don't want to be in a QPP right now, or am I thinking about asking her. But I feel like if I try to explain that I have a squish on her she may retreat. We're good friends now, but like y'all understand...(?)

I don't have any squishes currently, but I have a lot of past squishes. From classmates to people I just saw in the hallway to friends of friends to people I see online. I often squish on people I play games with. For example, a game I play regularly is SongPop, and there are some opponents I favour more than others. I get happy when they play me back, send a playlist I like, or *gasp* if they message me. It's sorta weird squishing on people with only a picture to go by. I know absolutely nothing about them besides their music interests, and somehow that's enough for me. :facepalm:

I have two squishes I think... the first is on one of my best friends, who has a pretty big crush on me which is sometimes a little uncomfortable, but now at least he knows I'm aro/ace. He lives in Indonesia, though, and I REALLY want to meet him in person because that would just be amazing. But oh well.

The second is on this girl I met recently at college. She's in a lot of the same fandoms as I am, and she thinks she might be aro/ace too, though she's not sure yet. She's just so easy to talk to, and I find myself wanting to talk to her all the time. We don't get to hang out much as it is because our schedules don't really overlap, but she's going to spend Winter vacation with me, which I'm super excited for! 

They just make my heart so happy ahhh :D

As well as squishing on fictional characters and animals (because they are both awesome) I squish on people I can share my view of the world with. Basically, anyone who is kind, who shares something with me, and who seems to Get Me (and viceversa) is a squish. As i get older, my idea of a squish is becoming closer to a "found family" member, if that makes sense? To me, squishes are people I like to share a part of my life with. People who make my life better. And i have a small handful of those right now, luckily!:arolove:

Archived