How Did You Find Arocalypse?

How Did You Find Arocalypse?  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found it through AVEN. The funny thing is though, i've been lurking on AVEN for the past year or so without making an account, but when I saw a post about this, i thought i would check it out and make an account. Dunno if i'll ever make an account on AVEN. I find it fun to read though.

I also found it through AVEN.  Ever since AroPlane and the original Arocalypse lost their domain names I've been search for another aro forum to join, so I found this site pretty quickly. :)

7 hours ago, DeMorgan said:

Whelp, I brought in at least 7 redditors, having myself come from AVEN. I suppose that I'm happy with that...

Thanks for posting on reddit :D I'm so happy here and the idea I wouldn't get to be part of this community if no one had posted on reddit is just... well, lets not go to that sad place. I've never actually felt part of 'the' aromantic community before and barely felt part of the reddit community I was part of, and now I have this I don't ever want to go back to being an outsider.

7 hours ago, RedNeko said:

Thanks for posting on reddit :D I'm so happy here and the idea I wouldn't get to be part of this community if no one had posted on reddit is just... well, lets not go to that sad place. I've never actually felt part of 'the' aromantic community before and barely felt part of the reddit community I was part of, and now I have this I don't ever want to go back to being an outsider.

Wow, now I feel better. Thank you!

• 1 month later...

It seems a lot of people have found it through tumblr so I'll go put the word out, I'm sure I have lots of tumblr followers who'd love it here, especially since I've realised recently that AVEN isn't a safe space for aromantics as I had originally thought

3 hours ago, aussiekirkland said:

It seems a lot of people have found it through tumblr so I'll go put the word out, I'm sure I have lots of tumblr followers who'd love it here, especially since I've realised recently that AVEN isn't a safe space for aromantics as I had originally thought

Oh, how so?

12 hours ago, Blue Phoenix Ace said:

Oh, how so?

I've only noticed two people so far, but since they're posting on practically every aromantic thread on AVEN it's pretty prominent at the moment.

They find aro threads on AVEN and pick fights with aros for voicing their experiences and opinions and try to spin those experiences as a personal attack on alloromsntics... Suuuuper childish

I found it from Blue Phoenix Ace's signature on AVEN. 

As far as AVEN being unfriendly, remember that anyone can join these forums. They have to make some decisions about how strict they want to be as far as banning people. I have heard some people say AVEN should be more strict and some say they should be less strict, but in my opinion, it's a tough call. 

13 hours ago, aussiekirkland said:

I've only noticed two people so far, but since they're posting on practically every aromantic thread on AVEN it's pretty prominent at the moment.

They find aro threads on AVEN and pick fights with aros for voicing their experiences and opinions and try to spin those experiences as a personal attack on alloromsntics... Suuuuper childish

I had this experience as well. Not everyone on aven is bad, dont get me wrong there are also many supportive folks but there are a few people who tend to ruin it in many threads. In general its super problematic how romantic and aromantic are lumped together. Everytime an aromantic call someone out there is an alloromantic saying "but we also have it hard/we are also allowed to speak/dont bully alloromantic people" like its all about them. I read so many threads about alloromantic saying they wish they were aro and I think its so ignorant when you think about all the crappy comments aros have to go thought (yes I know its probably not easy being alloromantic ace either but the whole "I wish I was aro" sound very much like the "I wish I did not have feeling" or like we have it more easy. (which I have got before from alloromantics).

now being allosexual and aromantic I often get in conflicts with people because people often have no clue what allosexual-aromantics look like so they just think its the same as creeps on the net who send naked pictures and have no self controll or they think if you are sexual attracted to someone then you cant also like them as a person without it being romantic. (Its Strange how suddenly the definition of romantic attraction gets based on sexuality when ace normally would disagree that sex has anything to do with romance) or they think allosexuals problem are Solved due to "hook up culture" while not all allo-aro are confortable with hook ups.

I had to report someones post not long ago because they said the typical thing that we are heartless and bla bla bla. But alot of time its not so visible but more alot of microagrresions all the time. I do want to educate people in a pretty neutral way but its hard when there are these few people who tend to believe they have more right to define my and other aros experience than I do. 

Btw found this forum on facebook

Every post I make on AVEN is a shameless plug of this site. :)

I feel a lot more similar to sexual aromantics than I do with asexual romantics. Asexual romantics have all the relationship troubles of sexual romantics, which I can't really relate to. Frankly, the lack of romantic relationships is a much bigger change in our lifestyles compared to those who don't want sex but do want romance.

I'm glad to see some more new faces around. Welcome! Be sure to check out our large range of emojis. :arolove:

• 6 months later...

Archived